SSR for early 3rd gens

Timing is too fluid.....it's not like setting static timing on a small block Ford.
I don't think there is a number to give out so to speak.

I understand that, just saying more or less.

I know it's a different animal, but on the tst you could set the auto timing and limit the maximum it would advance it. I guess I just feel better knowing what I'm doing than just an abstract number from 1-50. I guess that's why Marco says it's absolutely necessary to dyno tune, which is hopefully soon coming.

Very nice write up. Just wondering, what's the thinking behind the high LL duration number? Isn't it quite smokey? Mine is at 15. I'll wait on your repl, maybe I'll look into it. Thanks again.

To be honest when it was somkey on the street. I have turned the LLD down to 15 for driving around. The picture in my avatar is the truck on the dyno if that give you an idea.:lolly:

I forgot to mention that I am still runing the 1.3 program. Swole sent me the 1.5 but I have not gotton around to updating it.

These numbers were programed in the truck 2 minutes before I got on the dyno. We did the three passes listed and pulled it off. I am sure that there is room for improvement. I drove it home that night with the same settings and it wasn't bad to drive at all. Felt really smooth and pulled nice. However I wasn't behind me so I have no idea what the smoke looked like cause I didn't look.LOL

I have since back the LL duration down but I have not driven the truck since.

My understanding is the key to power is rail pressure. Without it you will not get to far. I think this is also the reason that smalller injectors have some advantages, however you have to be able to control duration in order to realize those advanatages.

Rich, I know you hate mileage threads, but I can't resist. LOL I made an 850 mile round trip trek to the beach with my truck this past week, and I'm ecstatic. With my settings at both LL duration and timing @ 15, and HL duration and timing @ 25, I average 17.8 mpg's. I use my Dr. P dial for rail. That may seem average, by that's with 105% injectors. I am very pleased with the lack of surge too. I did 70 to 75 the whole time and every once and a while some surge, but overall perfect. It hazes when easing through the gears, but upon running speeds clean as a whistle. Also, with these same settings I'm at 800hp. I know I could add more timing, but need the DYNO FOR THAT.

anymore info for us 03/04 guys. interested in selling my Beta 4.2 and gettin my hands on SSR

Your not the only one man. Just haven't heard anyone switch from the Beta 4.2 to SSR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must be deaf then...

All of the big hp guys and the other beta testers where on SSR before you even got your hands on Beta 4.2. Most of us don't spend much time on the boards....to busy.

SSR has been in many 03/04 trucks for over a year and a half. There is nooooo comparison between the two if you know how to tune. SSR and never look back.

Ran 955whp on a no load dyno, on an 05 this weekend, with the 1.5a version.

Stock 05, single S472, decent sized sticks, and a small single shot.

Ding...ding...ding...bingo we have another winner! Nice dyno with a 472. How much nitous and what sticks?

Okay I have a really dumb question. If I bought a SSR so that it could grow with my future modifications could I run the settings that mads gives that are suppose to be close to TNT sw 7 and turn down the pod feature some so that I wouldn't have to spend forever dyno tuning my currently stock truck?

That sounds like a good plan...but I doubt you will be able to handle SW7 "like" settings in a stock truck.

I would start at stock and try adding 5 numbers at a time to each and learn!

Could I not go up to sw7 like tuning and back it down with pod feature? Would that work?

Ding...ding...ding...bingo we have another winner! Nice dyno with a 472. How much nitous and what sticks?

Single .55 Jet, I am not sure what size the sticks are, they are a used set of flux's I want to say 6.5's but I am honestly not sure.

Last edited:
I run my LLD at about 20 and HL 25 with RP =50..

I did 680 HP at Edge a few weeks ago with the schit in my sig

I'm curious what firmware you were running.

Thanks

I finally got some time in on the dyno so I figured I would post up some numbers for others to reference.

Smarty SSR
Speed Limit 140
RPM High
Shift Limiter Off
Torque Management 1

Timing LL 13 HL 30
Rail LL 35 HL48
Duration LL 35 HL 25

2004 6 speed, DIY CP3, HX40/HT3B, DDP 90's, 80% water 20% methanol (can't remember what jets), PDR cam, Smarty SSR

First run 5th gear with water 613.4 HP
Second run 6th gear with water 653.8 HP
Third run 6th gear no water 605.7 HP

I was going to post the dyno sheet and datalogs but the files are too big.

You can see for sure on the last 2 runs in 6th gear the rail was draining for sure.

Last edited:
Back