SSR tuning warning

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
Do NOT play with tuning and test drive on wet roads.
Rolled into it at 80mph on semi damp roads last night...hit 90mph and went sideways.

You have been warned. LOL

I've got a very similar story that resulted in 3 out of four very impressed buddies. The fourth one won't ride with me any more :)

reminds me of the first tiem I encountered wet roads after putting the 480 under the 64, was coming up an on ramp on a bend and gave it enough to light the big one........ ass ended wanted to lead!

you know its good to you when cruising at 75 mph you make sure your in 4x4 before you smack it. nothing like shifting lanes at 80...

Hell I thought it would be OK. I was only running up into some higher rpm's to make sure it was smooth up there...I was watching the boost gauge and all hell broke loose. I parked it after that....

Need to come play in Montogmery Co. I'll show you some fun roads. I can close em also!

Who was it that started a thread a short while ago asking about lsd's? LOL

Isn't it great that even though you let off it still keeps going! Adds to the OOHH SH%^t!
I've got one point uturns down! But wet or damp roads are a no no!

Mine doesn't hang the rail pressure and it's an 03 motor with a real throttle cable. When I let off it stops pulling instantly.

I remember when I got my twin turbo 98 back home from California I was messing with the pump, it had a #10 plate that was only about half forward and a tight AFC. I was curing that and it was drizzling in Dallas, so I got it out on 75 figuring I would just get it up in high gear on the clean highway and have no problems

when the twins smacked at about 90-95 in 6th and the 35" BFG's stepped out on me, I just putted back home and parked it!

What you mean by, once you let off it keeps going?

The rail holds pressure for a few seconds it's not a instant off when you get off the pedal if your not aware of it that's a few seconds added to the OH SH%T!!

The rail holds pressure for a few seconds it's not a instant off when you get off the pedal if your not aware of it that's a few seconds added to the OH SH%T!!

That's what I thought you meant! My '04.5 done the same. It can be corrected with tuning so maybe that's why Rich has no problem. The SSR settings he's running may have corrected it.

Back