Stack installation

95pstroker

Looking for a place in the Columbus Ohio area that will install a stack. If any of u guys know a good place please let me know

I think what people are trying to say is that in the grand spectrum of things......this is one of the much easier jobs and you should be able to complete the job with minimal tools and time (....and experience) if you bought a kit.

If you dont have the tools your self, I bet you could ask a friend or family member and locate them pretty easily.

So grab a case of beer, some tools, get under that shade try and have some good old fashing fun!! :rockwoot:

i was gona say something like this but i decided not to...... if you cant do that, then why are you here?

yeah i couldnt think of another way of saying it without adding cussing and being a dick so i just left it at that...but then again, :soap: it, this is compd

here's the thing... some people may have plenty of tools... they may be able to completely disassemble and reassemble a truck. BUT, any good custom exhaust install is probably going to require cutting and welding pipe. Not everybody has that ability or the tools to do it with. :eek:

But its a stack forrest...................... i guess people should at least try. thats the only way youre ever going to learn anything...

Let see, measuring tape, framing square, 6" hole saw, drill, two band clamps, one section of flex pipe, sawzaw. Seems pretty simple too me.

I would recommend selling the stack kit and truck. God knows what will be done with it when the owner cant even find a shop to install it.

Last edited:
But its a stack forrest...................... i guess people should at least try. thats the only way youre ever going to learn anything...

Like Forrest said, anytime I have done any exhaust work (for myself or any anyone else) it requires at least some cutting and welding. If you don't have the ability or the resources to do one of those tasks, you're pretty much out of luck.. Not everyone has a welder/welders and a bandsaw at their disposal.

but you dont even need a welder..... ahh the beauty of exhaust clamps!!

with that all you need is a tape measure, hole saw, some clamps and a crescent wrench!!

but you dont even need a welder..... ahh the beauty of exhaust clamps!!

with that all you need is a tape measure, hole saw, some clamps and a crescent wrench!!

see, I don't do ANY exhaust without cutting and welding... in my mind, that's how you do it "right" :eek:

Thats not how i feel about it in regards to a stack. Im not a huge fan of them and only run one on my drag truck and i always like having the option to take it off easily and go back to a rear dump

I was going to say there is a bunch of Diesel heads in the Columbus area. I'm sure you can find someone to work on your truck without being an ass.