Started my swap sooner than I thought...

Yeah it is coming along faster than I thought but Im far from done. Just really wanted to get over that hurdle so I can start getting the engine back together. I am OK with doing the little things here and there until she's done.

y7yja9er.jpg

She runs!!! Didn't like stock timing lots of smoke off idle. Set her to 18* and runs like a top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Id up the timing more, 23 at least.

This spring it will get more timing for sure. The highs are beginning to drop here into the 40s and soon to be winter where it gets below zero LOL

It's not that bad, I'm a couple hours south running 23° of timing and mine starts pretty good with a crappy grid heater.

hmmmm maybe I'll bump it up. I need to get 12 valves out of my head. plus its easy enough to change back if it sucks

How are you liking it so far?

Loving it man. Still a stock ppump but it spools my 66 to 35 psi fairly easily and relatively smoke free. In the middle of building a new shop and the snow is starting to fly so dvs and 4ks will come later this winter.

SMOOOOTTTHHHHH power band though. Drives quite nice.

y7yja9er.jpg

She runs!!! Didn't like stock timing lots of smoke off idle. Set her to 18* and runs like a top

what lines did you go with? and did you leave the stock vp injectors, my vp went out about a week ago cant wait to p-pump mine! :rockwoot:

y7yja9er.jpg

what lines did you go with? and did you leave the stock vp injectors, my vp went out about a week ago cant wait to p-pump mine! :rockwoot:

I went with mild steel .084 lines and left my vp injectors for now.

Sent from my Obama foneeeeeee!!!!! (Jay Kay)

What method did you use to set timing?

I set the engine to tdc with a dial indicator in the number one piston injector hole.

Pin timed the pump.

Put on the pump gear and tightened it.

Used a chart to determine how much I needed to advance the pump for the timing I wanted.

Turned engine over until my dial indicator was where I wanted it.

Popped pump gear off and made sure dial indicator didn't move.

Turned engine back to tdc.

Tightened on pump gear and made sure dial indicator didnt move again.

Done.

On another note, I put my 4ks in finally and holy chit what a different animal! 55 psi of boost and almost no smoke. Fun as hell to drive now.

Welp a little wrench got thrown in the mix.

Have a plunger sticking in the pump :(

When she gets hot the rack likes to stick a tad and I hear a small thumping noise from the engine. Going to pull the pump. Probably going to source a 180 pump and swap my goodies into it.