Startin My list. Need Some Input.

CLINT_FX4_TxBoy

New to the Dark Side
Ok I'm startin my list of mods I want and need and have spoke with Colin about it but would like some others input as well. Im very happy with what me and him and come up with so far.
-My main goal is to do as many mods for speed as possible while still having some decent reliability.
As of now I have these added to my list of what I need:
-Gauges
-SCT-Extreme Race Tune
-Head Studs

Things considering after those as money allows:
-Fuel System
-EGR Delete kit
-Injectors

Ok so what do you all think of this and what would you do different?
I am limited to the money I make over the summer but I make a decent amount.

Sounds like a good start. I'd try to combine things that are labor intensive. Like if your getting your motor studded it will either be out of the truck or the body will be in the air. It would be wise to do the injectors and EGR delete then.

Yep! Make SURE you get all your fuel needs covered before you do injectors. This is the order I would do it in:

Gauges
SCT
Fuel system (get a fuel press. gauge at this time)
Studs and EGR
Injectors
Turbo

Throw a transmission somewhere in there too LOL

Dont forget intake.... Like others say, do the headstuds and egr delete at the same time, and injectors if you can.

last but not least.........:nos:

I don't know what kind of money you have to throw at it, but my advise would be somewhere along the lines of this: Get yourself a set of gauges to start, then an Xcal from Innovative or Doug. Get the heads checked and studded when you can, the sooner the better before you have a chance of screwing them up. Delete the EGR while the cab is off, at the very least cut and block the up pipe, your custom tunes will keep the valve closed. Then get yourself a fuel system. FASS or Airdog standalone, and a reg. return or at least a crossover line for the back of the heads. Once you're studded and the fuel supply is good, get a set of injectors, 190's or less for a street truck IMO, followed by a charger upgrade. Choose the aftermarket intake of your choice somewhere around here too. Dont' forget to have your tunes adjusted for the new injectors and turbo... If you run it hard, you'll need a tranny sometime after that too. That's my list of basics. There are other smaller things you could do along the way too.

Just a pipe and a SCT custom's will get you at or over 400 RWHP. The next 100 (on fuel) will cost dearly...

Dont forget intake.... Like others say, do the headstuds and egr delete at the same time, and injectors if you can.

last but not least.........:nos:

Me and Clint have already discussed intakes. I believe the stocker will be better for him as of right now.

However, I forgot about nitrous :D

Yep! Make SURE you get all your fuel needs covered before you do injectors. This is the order I would do it in:

Gauges
SCT
Fuel system (get a fuel press. gauge at this time)
Studs and EGR
Injectors
Turbo

Throw a transmission somewhere in there too LOL

good list.

Transmission would be last..run stock till it wont hold then upgrade..no point IMO on upgrading something that will work fine for many miles.

Yeah me and Colin talked alot about this so I figure I'll do as much as I can this summer and next summer Ill get a tranny.

u gotta throw some nitrous at it and have some fun i got 2 stages awaiting mine!!!

Haha! Wonder how Colin would know? Lmao! This is very true and I cant wait to see what she's got in her. By the way, I need a name for my truck Colin. I like Cheyenne due to the fact its a awesome Garth Brooks songs but also it's a beautiful name but my buddy seems to think I cant name her that because its a chevy name. Whats your two cents?

I say when hes paying for the truck, he can decide! LOL Seriously though, If you like Cheyenne, go for it man!

I don't know what kind of money you have to throw at it, but my advise would be somewhere along the lines of this: Get yourself a set of gauges to start, then an Xcal from Innovative or Doug. Get the heads checked and studded when you can, the sooner the better before you have a chance of screwing them up. Delete the EGR while the cab is off, at the very least cut and block the up pipe, your custom tunes will keep the valve closed. Then get yourself a fuel system. FASS or Airdog standalone, and a reg. return or at least a crossover line for the back of the heads. Once you're studded and the fuel supply is good, get a set of injectors, 190's or less for a street truck IMO, followed by a charger upgrade. Choose the aftermarket intake of your choice somewhere around here too. Dont' forget to have your tunes adjusted for the new injectors and turbo... If you run it hard, you'll need a tranny sometime after that too. That's my list of basics. There are other smaller things you could do along the way too.

Just a pipe and a SCT custom's will get you at or over 400 RWHP. The next 100 (on fuel) will cost dearly...

Exactly

On the 07 are the head studs needed just with a tunner? I understand the EGR part, I blocked off one for a friend of mine a few years ago. Is the 07 the same EGR?