Starting motor after complete build advice....

They changed the mix in the new WD-40 in the past year or so, it used to work good for doing that with small engines too. Not sure how the new stuff works. They took alot of the flamability out since some kids were removing the top plastic spraying tip and igniting a pool of wd40 fluid on the top of can. As soon as the little tube burned thru, it was like the 4th of july...

Hmm, methinks I need to go raid my grandpa's garage and see if there's still some old cans laying around....

use your small torch.... you know the one u keep on your tool box for doing blade hoots ?? no, just me then ?

wall mart sized propane bottle, some of you guys may use to solder pipes with... works perfectly for blading hash....

crank that sum b!tch open and let the propane do it's job.....*nx*
hank hill would be proud.

Yeah, that works great until you figure out that you dont actually have it timed right and it coughs through the intake and lights the propane bottle in your hand...:doh:

use your small torch.... you know the one u keep on your tool box for doing blade hoots ?? no, just me then ?

wall mart sized propane bottle, some of you guys may use to solder pipes with... works perfectly for blading hash....

That's awesome :hehe:

On first starts I like to keep a block of wood handy to cover the turbo and snuff it in case of a runaway.

Cool.... I had read of this before! I have been kind of concerned about that since I have had the pump barrels turned and balanced... at that point I have been reluctant to do any other mods except adding the mack plug. Do you all think that I can go ahead with the 4k gov or should I wait till after?

I have also seen the motors fired with no turbo connected on the comp side... just NA???

:pop:

Thats frigin funny!

:hehe:

Cool.... I had read of this before! I have been kind of concerned about that since I have had the pump barrels turned and balanced... at that point I have been reluctant to do any other mods except adding the mack plug. Do you all think that I can go ahead with the 4k gov or should I wait till after?

I have also seen the motors fired with no turbo connected on the comp side... just NA???

I would get it started first. Thats just one thing to rule out if the engine doesn't start for some weird reason. Thats my way of thinking.

Mostly because you want to make sure it runs before you install those bastards.

BTW, do you have an intercooler in that truck?

Mostly because you want to make sure it runs before you install those bastards.

BTW, do you have an intercooler in that truck?

I'm going to be running a water to air setup... with the heat exchanger and fans mounted in the bed. I would like to mount the intercooler above the motor, just need to measure out the logistics of it.

:Cheer:

Back