Steering Woes...

AKDuramax

Rice-Burner Burner
well I just got done replacing upper and lower ball joints, tie rods, and axle u-joints at 79k miles. Took her for a spin when I was done, still have play in the steering. The idiot who put my lift on, didn't tighten the nut on my pitman arm enough and it wallowed out the pitman arm and chewed up the shaft on the gearbox, and I need a new drag link.:bang

Anyone know of where i can get a god steering gearbox and draglink for a decent price? Napa wants an arm and a leg.

PM Partsguy662 on the Napa stuff, he can likely beat your local place by a few $$, worth checking on anyway. Personally I would be going back to the fella that installed your lift and taking it out of his wazoo :(

Got my box at o'reilly's after going through 3 different PSC boxes, all with different issues. It's getting time to change it but that's my fault, not the box's. As for a drag link, I went with thuren's cross over steering kit and haven't looked back yet.

I've never heard of thurens before. do they have a web site? Gonna talk to les schwab today...

Like BgBlDodge says Don is a good guy and makes outstanding products---I started dealing with him about 3-4 yrs ago and you won't go wrong---one of my future projects will be changing the front end steering components---chris

Improve your steering response with reduced effort while making your new steering box last longer by installing a 2nd Gen sector shaft stabilizer.