stereo help

smoken02

Anybody know how i can get a set of 8 inch subs in my truck. I cant find a box anywhere. I bought some JL 8w3's a couple years ago and need to use them or get rid of them.

What I did in my '01 was take out the back storage compartment under the seat. 2 bolts on each side. Then took truck sub boxes that are made to fit behind the seats in a single cab, and laid them down with speaker up underneath back seat on each side. Put the fold-down back seat down and it should hold the boxes in place. I had the amp in the middle of the 2 boxes.

I also believe they make a custom sub box for your application.

I have seen boxes that hold 10's. I just cant find any that hold eights. I was thinking of using truck boxes before, but wasnt sure if they would fit. Since I know now I will probably go that route. Thanks for the help.

RideIcon said:
dont they make rings to fit 8" subs in 10" holes?
I was wondering that same thing myself. Thought about trying to make my own rings.

just take some dimensions and build one.... that's the best way. then it's how you want, your size for your speakers and probably way stronger than some mass produced junk.

i built mine in a few hours and it's perfect. holds 3 tens, which you can't find in the mass produced world, and when the seat's back, you'd never know it was there but you can damn sure feel it / hear it.

Subs7.jpg

Last edited:
just buy the prebuilt box if you not into fabbing, and have a new face put on it for 8's instead of 10's would take all of 30 mins to do...

jamesl said:
just buy the prebuilt box if you not into fabbing, and have a new face put on it for 8's instead of 10's would take all of 30 mins to do...
Never thought about that before. I just might half to try that.

jamesl said:

or that... :doh:

if you wanted to get really crafty you could just leave the 10" holes and put the 8" hole/plate behind it so the speakers are counter sunk into the box.

jamesl said:
if you wanted to get really crafty you could just leave the 10" holes and put the 8" hole/plate behind it so the speakers are counter sunk into the box.
Dude, thats the best dang idea ive heard yet!!! :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

If it was just a ring then I wouldnt have to cut it in half. Just push it in there flush and run screws through the inside of the ring into the box.

smoken02 said:
If it was just a ring then I wouldnt have to cut it in half. Just push it in there flush and run screws through the inside of the ring into the box.

the screws would split the ring.