Stock angle SAC nozzles? Better equal worse??

popeye55

I am well aware of the Exergy 100% 143*'s VCO nozzles working and making power in the 04.5 to 07.5 non-re-entrant piston ed engine. I am not doubting that a bit. But after hours and hours and hours of talking on the phones and days of reading I am wondering this. What if you could do a stock to near stock 124* spray pattern w a SAC nozzle? I am not saying that nozzle is out but I am just thinking. Pulse with of the 143* and amount would be the same as the 124* SAC...however it would be delivered at a different time and location on the piston. So.....given the same engine a 07 w stock pistons and everything else e replicated but the swapping of the two types of injectors and each tuned to a max effort what would you see gained or loss. I am not concerned on emissions. I am interested in smoke output but would not play a impact for the question.

What would the difference in HP be? I would think the 143 would have a shorter flame time bc if the timing of the piston being closer to the top. The 124 would have more time for the flame to burn. How would this effect egt's. How would this impact complete burning of the injected fuel. I would think the fuel having more time to burn and exert energy onto the piston would have a different impact on the piston then a rapid explosion of a 143. Again I know the 143 makes power but has it been compared to a 124 SAC? Using EFI Live you can control what could not be controlled before. I would think there has to be a connection to what peak horse power would occur as well as its curve and the exact with torque.
I am thinking how gunpowder is rated in its speed of burn. Cannons use a slower burning powder to give the ball a chance to excel vs such a high pressure all at one making your cannon a grenade. Fuel, low octane flame spread is much faster then race fuel or alcohol. I high load/compression piston need time to react to the pressure from the burning fuel process. Take a engine...set the timing....add a higher octane fuel and you lose power unless timing is adjusted for the difference in burn. Im sure that will stir the pot:pop: There are pro's and con's to both spray angles. The 143* is well documented to make power and I am not sure anyone has used a narrow pattern SAC nozzle. I guess unless someone has then this is a debate on the idea of which is better. Sharp thinkers will chime in and tear into my ideas. I hope to see where I am missing info or to help confirm info thats out there. Thanks in advance! :Cheer:

The octane reference was meaning a gas engine and its effect on faster or slower combustion. Guess that did look kind of stupid! haha

There are guys running 124* sac nozzles shane at motorsport sells them.

Is where is the feedback guys that are running these...Id like to hear from their tuners as well.

Yup shane sells them.....and i'll give you guys some feedback when i get caught up on my work.