stock clutch capabilities

cummin get it

coal train
I can't remember what the average factory clutch holds for horsepower is it 300-350. Maybe 350-400?

Not much over stock, maybe 50 hp over if your not too hard on it.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

I threw a valair stock replacement behind a buddies 95 last winter.

This is not a Valair bash by any means!!

160 pump 3k springs 215 injectors hx 35 100 plate slid most of the way forward and afc mods, and starting this month it will slip when peak torque hits right at spool up.
I don't think this truck has 375.

IMHO not worth putting anything stock behind power unless you are not going to use the power.

Ya I was just curious I put a super phat shaft 66, 8x.011 tips, smarty, intake and exhaust on the truck that hauls my puller around and the clutch held about 5 hard accelerations before it slipped. I'm guessin its pushin 400. Going to a southbend 3600 DD. Next will be drag comp, springs, studs, intercooler, and putting a s483 under the 66. Shooting for 650ish to the tires.

Mine couldn't even hold a mild plate and absolutely no other mods. Slipped on the first drive.

The factory clutch used with the NV5600 is a friggin joke, a set of injectors that added 50HP was all it took to kill mine. The factory clutch in the 4500 equipped trucks is much better, but they still loose it with extra oomph. The full organic DD's are very nice, had one in mine for a while and really like it.

Stocker behind my nv4500 lasted pretty well. Lots of driving and hard acceleration with my JWA on 5. Never actually slipped it just kinda exploded and wouldn't disengage.

Sounds about right.. the 5 speed clutchs seemed to hold great and almost all the 6 speeds I've seen won't hold much over stock.

I've been very happy with the 3600dd in the 2wd fwiw

My 5 speed clutch almost new held the edge juicew/a at level 6x5 all day long, once I upgraded injectors to f1 mach 4's it slipped the first time I stomped on it in 5th gear.