Stock filter head limits

chevota84

Does anybody know the limits of the stock ve filter head? In an argument with a buddy and can't find any info on the Google machine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Consider the amount of fuel being able to flow through the stock 3/8" line.

I've rounded the sharp edges of the associated ports and passages and, with the stock/OEM fuel heater, I'm well over 450hp to the ground (with AN6 plumbing in and out).

PassageMod.jpg

It's a reasonably stock ve, standard mods/pods with a 351/471 set. I'm guessing 300-350 . He's going to 5x.014's and is looking at a better lift pump. I've been telling him that the stock modified piston pump through his stock filter setup would be fine, he's envisioning some exotic fuel system.

I have absolutely no issues with my set up keeping up with my injectors/tuning. I simply run 3/8" supply and 5/16" return, everything else is completely stock.... minus of course the piston pump that I run.

Aren't you the guy that builds the pumps?

Cool. I'm trying to get you some business but he's resisting lol

Are you using an oem cummins pump?

I have absolutely no issues with my set up keeping up with my injectors/tuning. I simply run 3/8" supply and 5/16" return, everything else is completely stock.... minus of course the piston pump that I run.

Stock pick up in the tank?