Stock over 66mm

goodyg92

diesel junky
im looking to build a set of twins would a stock 2nd or 3rd gen over my current HTT 66mm sledpuller be a good twins set up or no? what would a good set up be using my current 66mm sledpuller?

I don't know for 100% but I believe when you use a turbo as the primary in a twin setup it is only good for about 70-80% of what it would be as a single because of the other compressor of the smaller secondary being in the way. In other words, I wouldn't do it. I think the BD twins towing setup uses a s366 as the primary, don't know what the turbine size or housing size is. Also, the Sled Puller's turbine housing and turbine probably aren't going to do too well as a primary. This is all a guess from what I gather on here.

I think it would be fantastic for a 450hp tow rig. It would need a large external gate. Sucks for anything bigger, use the 66 for your smalll charger:evil

you could sell the sledpuller and buy a ht3b or an s471 that would work a lot better in a twin set up.

The BD tow twins has a much larger exhaust housing then a sled puller 66, I think its around a 22cm but I could be wrong.

well the sled puller as a single supports up to 675 and im looking for more but im looking for a setup that i can upgrade and can grow along with the power...would it be better to just keep a single right now and spend the money elsewhere? im upgrading to a helix 2 cam and 110# springs and a full port and polish head job in the next year after i get a new tranny....just gotta sell my other truck first... but what are your opinions keep the single for now and convert to twins when i need them

Single for now. Throw a big brother under there when the time comes.

And good luck getting that much over 675 with a VP and not spraying a massive amount.

lol yeah i still havent decided on wether or not im gonna shoot for high hp vp truck or a p-pump if i go to a p-pump im gonna be shooting for a 1200+hp street legal sled truck but i havent decided i figured it would be more expensive to go for the vp so ill prolly just switch to a p-pump...what are your opinions on this?