Stock trans, upgrade?

9t5twelvevalve

hey guys, im weighing my options here about what truck i would like to buy, i have about 6200, i can get a 93 for 4300, or i can get a 95 for 6200, i was wondering what i would need to do to the 93 tranny for it to support an hx35 and 150 sticks, any ideas? thanks

the hx35 and "150" sticks are a mis-match. you probably wont make lots of power really without a better turbo.

Depends on the shape of the truck. The stock converter stalls at about 2400rpm, so you'll need a 3200 or 4200 spring to get anywhere. Mine made 264hp at the wheels with injectors and stock everything else, and I think with timing, intake, and exhaust, you could probably hit 300 to the wheels on stock trans parts. It will also probably "feel" like it's slipping, but it's just the stock converter. A converter change at that level would probably net you about 30-50 extra hp...but 300rwhp in a First Gen will feel pretty fast.

i had a 91 non innercooled hx35 wastegate blocked off. stock injectors, 3200 spring, bump the timing, fuel pin ground down, modded afc and it put down 301hp and 715ft lbs it was also a 5spd

i had a 91 non innercooled hx35 wastegate blocked off. stock injectors, 3200 spring, bump the timing, fuel pin ground down, modded afc and it put down 301hp and 715ft lbs it was also a 5spd

The secret to your rear wheel power was the 5speed. My a518 does ok on the road. Hook a weight sled to it and it turns into a power robbing slob. It needs a good converter for sure. I havn't put it on the dyno yet.

Ya I just raced mine a few times and tried to pull but the leakage from 4wd shifter to transfer case was messed up and wouldn't engage all 4 wheels. It was a fun sleeper in town tho