stocker - 475 with 3782 secondary?

commtrd

Kicking this idea around as I unfortunately seem to be a little dollar-challenged at this time. I have a Garrett GT3782R mounted 3rd gen right now and thinking about the Anarchy Diesel stocker/475 kit but using my BB turbo as the secondary instead of a HE351. That way I would not have the inherent drive pressure issues with the stocker and well, it IS already paid for... Plus water cooled and BB all good things for the secondary since it is doing its thing 100% of the time vs the primary. Will this setup have the primary spooling OK?

If I go that route it would free up some green to do some supporting mods too which would be good. What do yall think about this idea?

Turns out it will be a pain to try to get the turbine side to clock properly to fit the kit. Oh well sounded like a good idea.

Can you show why its going to be a problem?

Reaper of Threads

I will try to find a link to an install where it shows why it is not very practical. The turbine housing is bolted to the cartridge in such a way that it doesn't allow for orientation of the oil supply and drain lines vertically when installed on a 2nd gen manifold. And I really prefer not to have the secondary mounted in 3rd gen location with the atmospheric charger up top like it would be with the Cummins Tuner or II setups. Also heard that the non-gated turbine housing flows better and I preferred a manifold with a pedestal for a Tial external waste gate anyway. So add all that up and I would probably be better off just waiting to get a GT3582R over GT4202R set built with a good external gate setup. Which is what I think I am gonna do since the stocker [GT3782R] / 475 approach doesn't seem to make sense.

Aahhh I know what you're dealing with.
Vertical oil path isn't set in stone.
You've weighed your options out fairly well it sounds like.

Reaper of Threads