Stocker vs. aftermarket....

SLVRBullet

is there any real differance between the 2 ex. manifolds.....i`m collecting parts again to put the 2nd gen manifold back on my truck & not totally sure if i need to spend the extra money for the higher priced aftermarket manifolds.

Thanks in advance Jason

I ported the hell out my stocker and noticed a big difference in spoolup....

whats up Forrest.....

thanks for the info guys...... so i guess i shouldn`t worry about the potential of a stocker cracking due to the material its made from.....

I went from a stock piece to an ATS 3-piece to a header back to a ported stocker...the ported stocker is still on there and no plans of getting rid of it.

when i did the swap before i had both a stocker & an ATS 3 piece & when i took the set-up off i sold both of them.....now i`m kicking myself.

i couldn`t hardly stand to drive it the turbo bark was so bad...... maybe it was the 64/65 wheel combo. I was told that my intercooler could be clogged, or that i needed a tighter converter..... both of which sounded like a bunch of crap to me. i know the IC isn`t clogged & as far as the TC goes its possible its on the loose side but i don`t see it that way.... it only drops 400 rpm when going into lock-up. I see it as i had a bum turbo wheel combo.

although i`m not 100% sure that a 62/65 would be any better....what are your thoughts. I may call chris @ E.D. tomorrow just to see what he has to say...... i really dont have the money at this time but it cant hurt to start looking around again.

there is a difference especially if you have a relativly big turbo like a 64 .. my experience was night and day and i didnt change anything else between going form the stocker with my 64 and the htt 3 piece i have now with the 64 now im thinking about getting a stainless steel manifold from the horsepower shop just to see if its better

an HTT manifold is a HIGH dollar manifold... compared to say an ATS or DPS manifold..... if you ever wanna sell that for say 3 bones let me know.....lol

the 64/65 was your problem... the stuff about your intercooler is pure horse pucky... a tighter converter would have helped, but it could be seen as a bandaid too

a 62/65 isn't nearly as surge prone as a 62/65

I've never seen a difference between a factory manifold and a 3pc manifold. I think a lot of people notice a difference because their wallet is $400-500 lighter

i`m with ya on that Forrest.... Snedge is looking into a new Cummins manifold for me.... & there are a couple guys that have stockers 4-sale just trying to make a deal with someone.

Does anybody happen to have a pic of one thats been ported and isnt on the truck? Sorry for stealin the thread