straight pipe

you can see in my sig just about everything thati have done to my 6.7. All the deletes did make a noticable sound difference, but it does not sound like a 747 and it is not as loud as a straight piped 5.9. I would really like to hear sound bits from some of these peoples trucks, with the Holset VGT i dont know how they are making them this loud.
:ft:

dont know why my sig is not showing up but here it is

2007.5 6.7cummins, H&S PERFORMANCE DPFD, EGRD, MBRP tsil pipe,6" tip, Edge Juice W/Attitude(Hot Unlocked) S&B intake Lots Of goodies Inside.

dont know why my sig is not showing up but here it is

2007.5 6.7cummins, H&S PERFORMANCE DPFD, EGRD, MBRP tsil pipe,6" tip, Edge Juice W/Attitude(Hot Unlocked) S&B intake Lots Of goodies Inside.

Dang,,,,, you have 2 of them. I'm jealous. No mine doesn't sound like a 747. Nor anything close to the 5.9. And it is taking me a long time to get over that little issue so thanks for reminding me!!! :( LOLLOL But it does have a nice sound with the 5" turbo back system so I can certainly live with it. It also dynoed 385 to the back wheels with the Juice on 5 and all else stock. This truck has Lots of potential! :rockwoot:

I still say that the lack of noise or quiet exhaust is mostly due to the new injection system. Do some research.

I still say that the lack of noise or quiet exhaust is mostly due to the new injection system. Do some research.
I agree. But the turbo does have a much different sound than the same exhaust on the 5.9. especially when the e brake is active.

i do agree with you that the injection system does have quite a bit to do with it, but only at Idle. How could the injection system make a difference in the sound of the exhaust at Wide Open Throttle?

Well at the risk of sounding blond, if you go back to the 2nd gen truck, it will actually idle louder than it runs for the most part. The more fuel you put to it, the quieter it gets. This was glaringly obvious when I installed my 100 hp injectors that the tone got a lot deeper and quieter. Took away the snap from the pop off injectors because there was a lot of fuel left over in the cyl from the previous injection event. It seems to me, that if you have 5 injection events per combustion stroke you would have very little time with no fuel being injected, and a lot more control over how much fuel was being burned,so this may be the reason. You can keep it very clean and efficient without the bang that makes them loud. Just a guess here, but it seems logical to me. I am open for any other ideas. :poke:

Here are a few cut clips from an article on the web I googled:

Enhancing diesel-powered performance of 2007 Dodge Ram Heavy Duty trucks is an electronically-controlled Variable Geometry Turbocharger (VGT), which precisely matches boost pressure with the engine's needs. The 6.7-liter engine's VGT utilizes 16 fixed vanes and a sliding yoke, providing variable geometry, as well as an electric valve. The VGT produces optimum combustion control, reduced emissions and a quiet and lag-free throttle response.
The new 6.7-liter turbo-diesel engine incorporates several new features that contribute to a 50-percent quieter engine and a 3 Dba reduction in cabin sound levels, increasing the vehicle's overall refinement.

New engine mounts, a constrained-layered oil pan, intake silencer and engine-block shield create a quiet cabin environment inside the 2007 Dodge Ram Heavy Duty. In addition, an over-running alternator pulley eliminates sounds generated from the diesel engine shut down process, and machined crankshaft counter weights significantly contribute to quiet acceleration.

Maybe it helps maybe it doesn't ???

the straight piped 6.7s Ive heard are louder than any 5.9 straight piped that Ive heard. No pertinent info just what Ive heard personally.