Streetable Big Twins

Think he could get away with porting the 351 gate?

Probaly could but it would be on the verge of unhappy

I think ATS just blocks off the gate in the 351, but that and an A5k and around 100% nozzles will do 750 range. I'm sure the 351 wasn't exactly loving life:hehe:

I've thought a lot about a 63/68 and 475 or 78, should easily support 750-800 and still drive extremely well. I would never do a 66 anything in compounds, of course I'm at 7k elevation too so there's that. I just had a 66 single and while it was still on stock fuel, it totally sucked having that lag pig on.

Gahh I hope they don't block the gate off yikes! And a 63/68 with a good housing would be great with a 75-88mm charger and drive great.

750 really isn't a big number anymore even more so with today's tuning. Make sure that is your goal. Then read, if you can find a well matched set up your truck will run and perform like a beast. Very good opinions above. You don't need or want a 66 over a 480 for your goal.

63/68 over a 478, 78 low drive comp with a 1.25ar should scream and easily do 750.

it's all in tuning anymore. I run a 66/480 and it's perfectly fine on the street. You just have to work the peddle accordingly.

Guys he is asking for a big twins setup I have drove Jason eplings truck and it spools good and he towed 18-20k with it. With that being said I would say a 68/83/.90 offer a 95/118/1.15. However if thats to big a 66/73/.91 over a 80/96/1.32 spools great and makes a good solid 800 with dual pumps and a set of 200hp nozzles

Yes he said BIG then he listed a SMALL set and small HP goal, then he started talking streetability. So I read it as end goal, he wants 750 so a small set of chargers that can do 750-800 is going to be much more fun to drive than a large set even with the best tuning in the world. I have had a small set of compounds and a medium set and I can tell you my small set was hands down more fun to drive everyday.

As far as DD a 66/480 detuned with 750 hp isn't going to be nearly as fun as having a set that you are working for that same 750.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Didn't know what I was seeking was such a wimpy number haha. That can always be bumped up. My only reason for listing the smaller set of turbos is on my old truck I ran a s475 with stock fuel and way too loose of a housing and too tight of a converter and it was laggy as hell and I want to avoid lag a much as reasonably possible and still have a fairly quick truck capable of mid to high 11s

Last edited:
i gots a 68 over a 91 and was totally streetable, as long as the converter never locked and the 2400rpm stall converter helped alot :hehe:

With the right set of ball bearing twins/ tuning the sky is pretty much the limit. I have several buddys who are producing north of 1000hp fuel only and the trucks are very streetable with quick spool and low smoke

I definitely like the idea of that. Just need to find a similar combo out there and start doing my homework. I like the sound of 4 digit or close to it power lol

Honestly think about a realistic price range them plan the twins to support your Hp goals. Keeping a 1000 Hp truck running is no easy task if you want to actualy use the Hp.

Yes he said BIG then he listed a SMALL set and small HP goal, then he started talking streetability. So I read it as end goal, he wants 750 so a small set of chargers that can do 750-800 is going to be much more fun to drive than a large set even with the best tuning in the world. I have had a small set of compounds and a medium set and I can tell you my small set was hands down more fun to drive everyday.

As far as DD a 66/480 detuned with 750 hp isn't going to be nearly as fun as having a set that you are working for that same 750.

^ This.

Now the OP is talking about four digit power numbers. Be real. Everyone wants four digits. Not everyone will be happy driving a truck everyday with the lungs and fuel required to do it.

When I decided I wanted more than ~750 with this truck, I also decided to quit relying on it as a daily driver. Not that it can't be done, it can. Its simply not nearly as fun in traffic now as it was with my snappy smaller set of twins. I have more fun now, I just choose to drive the truck where I can enjoy it for what it is, open roads where I can exploit its virtues.

Lag is subjective. I happen to hate it. I know that without a ported head, I would be pissed as hell with a 66 as a secondary. For some, as noted above, they're fine with it.

You can have a small set of twins and not infer any relation to the size of your penis; people sometimes forget the same goes for big twins as well...

You don't need to wait around for 750hp worth of fuel to light 900+hp worth of turbos.

Last edited:

Exactly how I read it too.

If you want drivability and 1000+ Hp then skip twins and go with triples.

Agree.

I was being a little sarcastic about 1k horse. I personally don't think it is reasonable. I realistically would like whatever will net me a good solid 11 sec time slip and be snappy and fun to drive.

62 with a 68 or 71 turbine and a gated 12 or 14 cm housing with a s4 75 or 78 or 80 and a 92mm turbine 1.10 turbine housing will give you yours goals and possibly more.