strobe switch?

96cummins

in my 03 there is a small push button switch in the small square area below the fuel gauge and to the right of the lights. I was going to remove it and use that area for another switch since the one there does nothing. the one that's there has 4 very small wires coming out the back and I believe are going into a black module in the dash behind the light switch. the module doesn't have any markings on it telling what it is. it has a connector on the side with some standard size wiring coming out and one connector with 6 larger wires (yellow,red,purple,green,red with white tracer,and blue). the wiring in that module looks factory but I know one the owners before me had some strobe lighting wired up from being in the rescue squad. could that be what that button goes to? if that is a factory module what is it? just curious before I removed that switch and installed something else. I have a pic of it if I can figure out how to resize it. thanks for any help.

how big is that box? my strobe control box is awfully big, it's under the seat.

its just a small clear button with a spring behind it.
34hhzxt.jpg

it has four very small wires (black,grey,blue,red) and im sure 2 of them plug into the side of this module with no markings on it. sorry bad picture, I was trying to look up under the dash.
518rd2.jpg

what comes out of that module? does anything still have power to it?

Its looks like an alarm or remote start module. The button is the programing/valet controll. Do you have a remote on your key chain?

Last edited:
well i feel dumb now haha. yea I do have a remote start keychain for it somewhere. I forgot all about that, it didn't even cross my mind. so I guess that push button is just used for programming a new keychain starter. thanks for the help!