Stroker engine

Pirated Images Courtesy of Ebay, top image is the rear gear, bottom is a typical 12/24 valve:

$_57.JPG

$T2eC16dHJGgFFmqS6gv,BRoYlpdvqw~~60_12.JPG

Aside from the obvious length and gear arrangements, the rear gear also has a 5 hole snout to retain the damper or other front-mounted accessory.

It's hard to argue the differences when you can see them in living color.

Mark.

Hmm, possible with enough machine work. Not sure if it could be drilled and tapped through for the flywheel

Hmm, possible with enough machine work. Not sure if it could be drilled and tapped through for the flywheel
Unless you really need/want the gargantuan stroke from the early 6.7 crank, it's hard to imagine it being anywhere worth the time, or money, to machine something that would likely break under the tremendous load that a puller would put through it.

IF you weren't going to load the hell out of it, I could see someone maybe chopping off the flange, machining the rear gear down, then boring out the flange.
While you're doing this machining, you could make a couple of flats in the crank flange and the shaft, then hard press and weld the rear flange back on.

It'd make a very interesting deck plater, with gobs of low end in a 'B' series package. :hehe:

But I have to wonder, how is the clearance on the AGCO version, with relation to the block skirts and cam and would the crank even clear in any other applications?
I'm betting the AGCO block has a revised cam location.

Mark.

Last edited:
It shoved in a normal 6.7 block would make a 7.3L I6.....that would be a retarded lugging engine.

I think in the other thread someone mentioned the block being larger in the 6.7 ag version. Which would make sense, More room for a larger stroke.