Stubborn injectors

i6chick

It's all about leverage
07.5 work truck, got bad fuel, replacing all injectors, EGR still on, a little under 100k completely stock.

Got everything out but the injectors. It's like they're cemented in. I've heard with their emissions junk the carbon build up almost holds them in. Ive tried a few strategically placed pry bars but if I man handle these any more I'll trash a core. Tips or suggestions please!?!

Injectors are a piece of cake in my second gen, never had any probs with common rails and the last 6.7 had an EGR delete. This is getting ridiculous and I need them out yesterday lol. Keep in mind I'm a little limited. Short arms, about 130lbs and none of that is arm muscle. Let's here your suggestions other than use the cummins pulling tool. Thank you! :)

Cross over tubes? What cross over tubes? lol Of course I pulled those out!!! Lol. I got everything off.

Firm grasp and busted knuckles always worked for me. That or a couple of pry bars below the hold down.

You can't pry on the hold down, its not bolted / pressed on, just a slip fit over the top. I assume you removed the exhaust rocker so you'll have to pry on the lip UNDER the hold down on the body itself from the rear (smaller pry bars always work better for me, just a good angle). The only reason they would be really stuck from carbon buildup is if the copper washers have failed and the whole nozzle is seeing combustion gasses. Good luck. $.02

Yeah. Pretty much what ive been doing and I try to just get those hold downs off and out of the way so i can see and feel. I've never ever had problems like this. I even had man muscles help. I'm going for round three today after I go pry bar shopping. Fml.

They're out. Thanks guys. I just went to town on them. Ugh, stupid 6.7s

I use the biggest straight screw driver in the box, get a hold of that "slot" near the bottom of the exposed part of the injector and give it a little pressure and they've always just popped right up for me with a burp sound like they were "suctioned" in