Stuck cross over tubes

bwdt

engineer
I pulled the 85 HP injectors and put in the 125 HP injectors with thinner sealing washer and new cross over tubes. Couldn't get them to seal up and engine ran like crap. So I decided to just put in the stock sealing washers. Can't get two of the cross over tubes to come out to pull the injectors. Tried just lifting the injectors, and tried pulling on the tubes with two small screw drivers with no luck.

Any suggestions? Swapped out injectors many times with out issues.

Do they make a tool if needed? Stumped, went together easily. I was told that sometimes it's difficult to get the tubes to seal with the thinner washers. I was trying to help out a slight smoke issue by lowering the injectors more into the piston bowls.

Find a nut with the same thread, screw on a pop it out with a prybar. This is the way I get them out when someone has installed one outside the guide area.

Thanks for the help, Don't know how to get a nut on it inside the head, but the tool looks great.

I use a small screw driver or pry bar against the threads and they pop right out

I use a screw driver as well, never been an issue. Two of them won't budge.

If one will fit, use a "Mag Style" or "Barrel" lugnut and pry on it.

Mark.

I use my small snap on 6" pry bar, always does the trick. Never had any problems

Tap gently. An old farmer told me one time, you can pry all you want, but a few taps with a hammer will make the pry bar do its job.

I have a set of tubes here turned down that are made to work with your thinner washers.
If you are interested hit me up, because you basically ruined the set in your truck..

I just ran across this a few days ago.
Local guy was pulling injectors to re-tip them and #4 line twisted, but he got it off.
Tried to remove the tube and it wouldn't come out, finally gets it out and found the tube, a B.B. index type, had twisted in the bore, locking the tube locator B.B.s into the casting.

Turns out he had tightened the hell out of the lines on the tubes, then the transfer tube nuts relaxed in heat cycles, so now he had an over tightened line on a loose tube, which spun and gouged the B.B.s into the casting.

A person should be able to screw a 14mm nut onto the tube and TIGHTEN it to get the indexes to release.

Mark.

Last edited: