stuck gear on vp44

Put the gear puller on with GR-10.9 bolts, tighten one bolt a thread or two tighter than the other so the puller is setting on the end of the shaft at an angle. Smack the high side of the puller like a red headed step child, this makes leverage work to your advantage.

Did you un bolt the pump support bracket?

Put a nut on the shaft and hit the nut.

It takes the whole first page for someone to clarify.

Even if it is junk, Im still going to avoid damaging it further, like mentioned, some places wont even give you 5 minutes if you fcked it up even more removing it.

Being you heated that pump gear, you may as well save a costly repair later and buy my good used vp44 gear.

PM me if you're interested.

Being you heated that pump gear, you may as well save a costly repair later and buy my good used vp44 gear.

PM me if you're interested.

Agreed. The heat killed the gear. Find another one. Oh wait. Lee has one.

It takes the whole first page for someone to clarify.

Even if it is junk, Im still going to avoid damaging it further, like mentioned, some places wont even give you 5 minutes if you fcked it up even more removing it.

You do what you have to do.

I have a core vp that the threads are $hitted up on I plan on sending to monster mike if I can clean them up. If not I'm sure he will tell me to shove it I'n my reverse sink hole.

And the treads weren't phucked by me, the toothless longhaired billygoat looking "dissasemley technician" at the junk yard did that little number.

I have noticed the last few VP44's I have done, seem harder to get the pump gear to pop off of. Probably from age & heat cycles. I use a Cornwell gear puller & it still does the trick - I do get what seems like a big snap when the gear & pump separate, but they still come apart. I am amazed the shaft & keyway are ok after the snap. If you are sure your have the housing nuts & the bracket bolts out -try spraying the shaft & keyway with penetrating oil & let it soak for a bit.