Stupid Question.. ? VP44

i6chick

It's all about leverage
Way too many days ago my truck pooped out on me, shut off in the middle of an intersection, cranked it back up, idled to a side street, towed it into work, scanned it with the DRB- I have the code written somewhere.

Never gave me the famous timing failure code however I had two injection pump codes, one came up "no information" and the other suggested it was the injection pump control module. I've had bad fuel 3 times in the past 2 months, I beat the crap out of my truck & have an Edge that taps into the pump wire.. so i figured VP finally died on me. I ordered my Industiral, just came in.

Went out to start the truck today and it runs but like hammered dog sh!t. If I give it any throttle or put it in gear it goes no where, not even an idle forward- total deal pedal like I don't even have one. I realized I skipped over the entire possibility of an accelerator pedal position sensor :doh:. Could that be it even with the IP codes? Before I rip all my fuel lines off and dig in.. any input?

APPS hasn't effected idle in my experience. Sounds like the psg took a dump or you have broken a hard part inside the pump...possibly both.

You have an aftermarket lift pump?

______how the hell did a girl that knows chit get in here and I not be notified? Yall are slacking.

Yeah im a doofies. I thought about that right after I posted it. Why would throttle affect idle haha.. duh. I'm runnin an air dog but I've had that thing chock full of water with the bad fuel a few times. At this point I hope its the IP cause mudfest is in two days & I have to get her running! :(