Sturgis Ky Indoor Pull 2012

lol oops. For some reason I thought it was the same weekend as dekalb's pull.

It is offical pull starts at 5pm guys. Hope to see you there, not sure will be pulling yetwaiting on parts for our truck. But should have a 12v we been on last week build differentals in safety eqt there.

im ready to see some pulling. Got a customer truck been at getting it ready. I like early start time myself. Hope have a good turn out so can keep putting pull on.

Id like to have 20 plus 2.6 trucks. I know of 3 for sure will be there. Mine in two customers. Got another customer that will be if he gets his pump in time. Like to have at least 10 trucks in 3.0 open class.

ok guys Mike in fair board been getting lots of calls here the rules that I have. I know only a few days away. Though if truck passes at TS etc you will be good to pull from my understanding.

STURGIS KY 2012
8000 LB STREET DIESEL TRUCK

Weight- 8000 lbs maximum including driver. Front hanging weight shall not extend more than 60 inches from centerline of front axle. Any weight in bed of truck must be securely fastened. No weight in cab of truck.
Body- Truck body will be an OEM truck body. Body will retain full sheet metal including full OEM firewall, floor pan and bed floor. Tailgate may be removed. Complete OEM windshield and windows are mandatory.
Batteries- Batteries must be securely mounted. They may not be located in cab of truck.
Chassis- Vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis with engine in original location.
Suspension- A factory style suspension is mandatory. Traction bars and devices must be bolt on only. Welds are permitted for attachment to frame or axle housing only. Suspension stops may be used but must bolt on.
Axles- Axle housings must have been an option in a one-ton or smaller truck excluding two wheel drive trucks which may run any rear end. No planetaries on any truck. Rear axle bolts must be covered by a cap or shield.
Transmission- Automatic or manual transmission must have been an option in a one-ton or smaller truck.
Transfer case- Transfer case must have been an option in a one-ton or smaller truck.
Steering- Vehicle must retain the full, original OEM steering gear. OEM steering pumps only (no electric steering pumps).
Hitch- The hitch must be a receiver style hitch. Reinforcements are permitted. Reinforcements must not extend forward of the centerline of the rear axle. The hooking point must be the rear most point on the vehicle excluding the bumper with a minimum length of 44 inches from rear axle centerline to point of hook. Hitch must be horizontal to the ground and stationary in all directions.
Hitch’s height from the ground may not exceed 26 inches. Hooking point will have a minimum opening of 3.00” X 3.750”. No chains or other devices holding hitch to gooseneck ball will be allowed.
Interior- Trucks will have a complete dashboard. Aftermarket seats are permitted. Seats must be securely fastened. Seat belts are mandatory and must be worn.
Tires- Tires must be DOT street tires. No cut tires.
Wheelbase- Vehicle wheelbase will be factory length for body configuration used. Front dual-wheel spacers may be used only with accompanying dually style wheels.
Driveshaft loops- Trucks will have at least one loop around rear u-joint. Loop will be minimum of 6 inches long and made of .250” wall steel or .375” aluminum. Loop will be centered on rear u-joint.
Exhaust- Exhaust must be directed upward. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be placed through exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other as close to the turbo as is practical.
Engine- Engine must be diesel and must have been available as a factory option in a one-ton or smaller truck. Engine may be transplanted into different make truck.
Fuel- Fuel must be #2 diesel fuel only. Soy/Bio-diesel fuel is permitted. The use of propane, nitrous oxide or other oxygen enhancers will not be allowed.
Fuel Injection Pump- Mechanical injection pumps will be maximum size “P” with one plunger per cylinder. Dual high pressure common rail fuel pumps will be allowed. Dual high pressure oil pumps will be allowed.
Turbocharger- Vehicle will have maximum one turbocharger with inducer bore no larger than 2.6 inches. Compressor wheel will protrude into 2.6” bore. MWE groove will be allowed and will have a width no greater the .250”. Factory twin turbo configuration (unaltered) on 6.4L Powerstroke will be allowed.
Water Injection- Water or water/methanol injection will not be allowed. Anything intentionally introduced to the cylinder other than diesel fuel and air will not be allowed.
Credentials- All drivers must have a valid state issued driver’s license.

I dont know why they bother talk about rules, they never stick by them. Im not knocking the pull just a few people that have a part in running it. Even if my truck was done i dont think id take it back to that event. Jordan, NONE of this is directed at you buddy.

If have a sore taste sorry. We are trying to make it better in thats why we keep haveing it. These are same rules as the past. Mike in I are trying to be on same page shane is not able to help much do to a newborn in the hospital in has been for almost 3 months. I have bad feeling about who you guys pull with but I dont get on here in tell every one.

Sorry to rant but hope to see every one saterday. In dont forget pull starts at 5pm

Last edited:
Jordan can you confirm pull order? Is 2.6 going to go right after the farm stock tractors?

Back