Sudden 3mpg drop

Well I just had the trans gone through when I had the billet installed and everything looked great. Converter is an 89% and has a stall of around 1600-1700rpm. Been running it for the last year or so so that's not it.

I did recheck tire pressures when they were cold and all the tires were about 10psi low so I'm gonna air them up and see. I changed the fuel filter but it's to early to tell on that.

Fuel thefts increase with the cost of fuel.

Locking fuel cap may gain a few miles per gallon...

Now that is one thing I'm pretty sure ain't happening since you have to know just exactly how to open my fuel door. It doesn't just come open willingly. ;)

So far results are promising with the new fuel filter. I'll burn through a couple more tanks before I make any definitive answer. Also gonna try and find a place powerful enough to air up my tires.

chevyguy said:
A clogged filter can lower your fuel milliage by a couple miles per gallon. We have customers come in all the time who complain there milliage dropped. We suggest they replace the filter and it most always fixes their problem. Running fuel cleanner in the system can also cause the filter to collect more dirt. The cleaner helps clean the tank, and lines and it ends up in the filter. It is usually a good idea to run the cleaner a tank of two before you are going to replace a filter to keep the system as clean as you can.

Also......Bosch claims that the VP44 loses timing when the fuel pressure is low.

Well fuel pressure was rock solid at 12psi before the filter change and now it's at 13 after the filter change.

Just thought I'd throw it out considering alot of people haven't heard of that.

Yeah I noticed mine dropped too. Went from getting 17.5-18.5 to getting around 15 or 16 on a good tank...maybe it is just the fuel.

They just switched over to winter fuel here...i've lost 2-4MPG!:bang

Think its time to start adding a quart or so of used oil at fillup.

I just don't remember losing this kinda mileage in the winter considering we don't even get winter fuel. At least not this early if we do at all. I hate winter.

Just a thought I lost 3 miles to the gallon when the the ultra low sulfur fuel came
hit the pumps as did most of the people I talk to at the pumps but that has been out for a while now. Running b15 brought it back:rockwoot: .Rich

Phily 911 said:
Also......Bosch claims that the VP44 loses timing when the fuel pressure is low.

Reallllllllllly?
Does anybody have any other info on this diesel fun fact? 'Cause now I'm curious.

I, too, Tyler have lost mileage recently...But we all know my truck is on some weird wavelength of oddities. I have a conspiracy theory that it's all linked to fuel prices, but I won't explain that. I'll just sit over here in my foil hat and mumble to myself.

I feel bad.............. I picked up 4 MPG after I swapped injectors a few weeks back LOL

Yeah tim. I'm dying for mileage. Let me know.

Nat, I don't even know where to being with your truck. It's just whacked. I think it has to do with the pink badges. I don't think he likes having pink on him. Can't say I blame him. LOL

Well so far I've changed the oil, oil filter, fuel filter, aired the tires up and I'm still down on mileage. I've got synthetic front to rear in this old girl and after this next oil change I'll have synthetic in the motor. I'm lost as to where to go. I'm gonna try reprogramming the smarty back to the beta software instead of the software that's on the website and see if that helps any. I hate getting this kinda mileage. I can't brag anymore that I get better than my mom's dmax now. LOL

Honestly, I have no Idea what they are (spec wise)
Lenny did them up and they are sweet as hell. I told him what I was looking for and he sent me some injectors... LOL They Idle nice and the smoke is very controlable.

Back