Suggested Mod's on an '06 Dodge 2500 Auto, 4x4??

CWbOyRDnEcK6

yea right
Got some ideas but im wonderin what mods you would suggest?? Let me know, if you could please let me know prices too, thank you!:what:

What are your goals? What are you wanting to do with the truck?
The obvious...gauges, exhaust, and intake
Beyond that there are a lot of chip and chip combos that make power. For some a Smarty is a good choice and shouldn't be traceable by the dealer, others would disagree. TST is a good start if you are wanting to eventually stack. The crazy larry is also a good option.

Well the first thing you will need to handle 550rwhp is TC/Trans upgrade. Then there are a few formulas that will give those numbers. With the mods in my signature dyno'd around 570rwhp. Probably have a few more in her with a perfect stack.

This is some reasonable numbers:

3 Disc Custom TC, Full Billet custome transmission and Suncoast Flexplate $7,000.
Turbo $1,800.
FASS $600.
Air Intake/Exhaust minimum $250.
ARP Studs $450.
TST/Smarty $1,500.

Last edited:
How about an Allison in that Dodge? Looks like I will be doing a transplant in an '05 pretty quick. According to Ron at Suncoast the Dodge seems to love the SC 1057 converter; maybe even more than the Duramax. :rockwoot:

Mike L. said:
How about an Allison in that Dodge? Looks like I will be doing a transplant in an '05 pretty quick. According to Ron at Suncoast the Dodge seems to love the SC 1057 converter; maybe even more than the Duramax. :rockwoot:

Traitor!
d066.gif

I know Im a Ford guy, but my buddy has an 06 Dodge, and he has a 5 inch TB Straight Piped exhaust, AFE Intake, and the TST and Smarty stacked. He really likes the combo. Ive driven it, and the truck hauls major ass. His is a 6spd.

Gauges first, then trans. For reliable transfer of power to the ground. You'd be suprised on the difference a real trans can make over the factory slusher.....

talk to dusty hawk at hts he can build you an awesome dodge tranny. I have one in my 06. customer service is real good. I agree with that a built tranny is great compared to the stocker all around

Mike L. said:

This is one of my hopefully not to distant goals.

GAUGES.

It's nice to know what you are starting with, a baseline if you will. This way, when things change, you will know what is going what and such.

Then of course you will need to think about $tranny$ upgrades, anything more than 60-90 HP or so and you'll be slipping your TC and heating things up anyway.