suggestions needed!

cumminsontheroc

im going to a big event this weekend in south fla. for and one of the 5 events is a sled pull! ive personally only hooked to a sled one time and my truck was much smaller.. my question is ... what grea to run in the cases? i have the stock 241 up top and a rockwell 2.5 ton case behind that. the 241 has a 2:62/1 gear . the rockwell has a 2:0/1 and in double low they are 5:44/1 . the axles are 6:44/1 and the tires are 63" tall! last time i pulled a sled i only used the 2:1/1 onthe bottom but had 6:72/1 axle , 53" tires and no hp! we only get one pull at this and dont know where to start! any help appriceated!

LEE / cumminsontherocks!

I would say what ever gear combo you go with is up to you, just that it needs to be around 20-24mph on your wheel speed at your peak RPM. That is as long as you have the power to run that kind of gear and a clutch to hold it.

I hope you have some stout drive shafts.

uuummmmm... are 1810s big enough? :lolly:

monsterjam012.jpg

mudfest051.jpg

DSC_0235.jpg

wheelie.jpg

Last edited:
I would say what ever gear combo you go with is up to you, just that it needs to be around 20-24mph on your wheel speed at your peak RPM. That is as long as you have the power to run that kind of gear and a clutch to hold it.

thanks ill try some diff gears tommorow and see what my wheel speed is in each! what makes 20/24 mph a good wheel speed ?

I don't think with as tall as your truck is I would shoot for the 20-24, IMO to keep from destroying something you should shoot for 10-15. Those tires are going to bite hard!

And BTW that is the freakin' coolest thing since sliced bread of a truck ever! lol

thanks guys! i made the wheels....hell i made everything. every one said no one would know what the C meant!

we are haveing 4 events in two days! mud race, tire pull through a mud hole (tire is 8' tall and full of concreet!) sled pull, and obstical corse,
ive only hooked to a sled once but i want to win the sled pulls! i mean they have never had a pull at the place we are going so i think it will be a little looser then what you guys pull on and all the other 42 trucks are smaller lighter gas motor ( big money ) trucks! with both cases in low range i dont think it will go much faster then 20 or 24 mph! but i dont think much will want to pull it back down from 4500 in 3rd. i guess some thing will have to give.

I would be very concerned about pulling with that truck. At that height & the way that you have the center bars built, you are looking at bending the frame when the weight hits, but I'd plan on atleast a big wheelie. I agree that 20-25 mph would be ideal, but with treads that big you are probably going to break something somewhere when the weight hits & the tires bite. I would shoot for a lower gear to turn those meats around 15mph & just let the tires do the hard work for you. That truck is sick!!!!!

nice pull cummins724
i'd like to see where your going to hook this monster truck (hitch)

nice pull cummins724
i'd like to see where your going to hook this monster truck (hitch)

Thanks, that definately wasn't my best pull by a long shot, but it was my first win. I wanted to post that video because of how clean it was. These Dragon fly injectors hardly smoke with that Drag/Smarty stack.
i want to see a video of that thing pulling
I also would like to see a video of that pull.

yeah they cancled the pull! the entire event was a bomb! sucked all weekend! well the partys after the sun went down were pretty good:lolly:! they didnt have anywhere to pull the sled. they tried to put it on the sand drag track but noone else could budge it! then they just tried to put it in the grass...LOL... and a 97 powerjoke bigger then mine could only move it about 25'.. i think something was wrong with the seld.... once they cancled the sled pull i went and played in the mud! im going to try to make the next sled pull event about 50 miles from home.

heres a pic from the one time i hooked to a sled at the mega truck challenge 3. back when i had 2.5 tonrockwells , 46"claws, and only a #0 plate. ill see if i can find the video!
_5222.jpg