Suggestions Needed

2broke4smoke

So we got the truck lined out with the pump and WOW we need more air in the picture!!! We are running 4k springs, quick rate cam, lazer cut delivery valves and holders and just a small set of bully dog injectors for now. I think bully dog calls them 100 hp injectors...but whatever. We are getting ready to stud the head in the next week or two but then comes the question of a turbo. I have a lead on an A5K but I am affraid it is gonna be to big. The HX 35 will not live long like this so I need to do something pretty quick. What turbos are you guys running and what do you like and dislike. The pump is around 400CC according to II and it never begins to clear up now, it is burrying the boost gauge at 40 lbs and the EGT's climb almost as fast:bang:charger: !!! It is getting plenty of fuel now I just need air!!! Thanks for all your help! Yall are great. Also, if anyone needs to see any pictures we took abunch while we where working so I will be happy to upload them!:rockwoot:

I think a silver bullet 66 would work out pretty good for it. If he is wanting to pull it some though, be sure to tell Industrial that you want it to be legal in the 2.6 class, otherwise it will be just a hair too big.

I ran an Industrial Injection PhatShaft71, which is basically the same thing as the Aurora5000, except with a wastegated exhaust housing. From what I understand they are both based on the K31. I liked mine for pulling, but didnt drive it a lot on the street. It was definitely very street driveable though. Not as bad as I expected. Fairly laggy, but it is a 71mm turbo, but the lag wasnt unbearable. I would definitely recommend the smaller exhaust housing though. Is it Gammons old turbo?

Have an S400 built for your application. Its a better choice than taking a "one charger fits all" approach.