Summer Project but need help

Smokeshow101

Powerstrokin and Smokin!!
Well as it says summer project. Im doing my research now. I have been talking to eric at innovative diesel alot and talked to black widow the other day. Im lookin to build my 6.0 up pretty good. But i wanna do it right the first time. As of now after talkin to BWD i am thinking the 66mm Turbonetics turbo and some 300cc hybrids from casserly. And a big shot of nos. I Am gonna be deleteing my egr and headstuds here in a few weeks. I was wondering what else do i need to do to make this thing reliable and not fly apart. Thanks

How lucky of a person are you? Some get away w/ barely more then just studs, others are not so lucky and thats where the bill begins to really run up. I suggest to firering it while doing studs but some guys do just fine w/out it. Labor on a 6.0 isnt cheap if your not doing it yourself, so spending a lil more on better parts can be cheaper then the labor of doing it twice in the end.

Billet rods are a good call. I personally disagree with the fire rings. I have talked to many that have the same or worse problems with the 6.0 by ringing it.

We have fixed a couple 6.0 fire ringed trucks, and ended up buying new heads. Sent them on their way with stock gaskets and no issues. We have run stock gaskets and ARP's over 75 PSI without issues.

As for the turbo, we can custom build something for you. Injectors are the wildcard, and we stick with Hypermax for consistent performance.

Alright thanks guys. All your help is appreciated. the only way i get to build this is because we have been showing black angus since i was like 5. and now days with the cost of grain and everything and us not farming its getting to expensive and me and my dad are selling out after this summer. And we are splitting everything 50/50. So with my half im building this thing. And i want it to be a pretty well known truck. And i know its gonna be tough and not the easiest thing to do. but with some help and my own time i think i can get there. As hypermax injectors wat would u guys rocomend??? And i think just the arp's are good enough. I havent heard anything yet from the big hp guys with the 6.0's really needing the firerings. Yea it might be a lil insurance but i dunno. Where can i get the new rods from?? Thanks everyone

What are you trying to do with that built truck? Daily driver and weekend warrior? Or will it just be a track machine?

Ralph

Can you guys say what problems youve seen w/ firerings? Was the machined groove improper, was the ring not compressing enough, did they simply blow them out?
My heads are the ported/ringed ones from elite and the only problem was that one of the rings slipped out of place when they dropped 1 of the heads down and didnt seal right, tore it apart put in new rings tq'd it down and its been fine since.

Who do you guys look to for the internal parts for a 6.0? I was all set for building a 6.0 I mean I had already bought a set of cunningham rods then priced out cut/coated pistons, 5k cam and valvetrain, lpop gears, etc.. and then got really discouraged about building a 6.0. I can just buy some pistons, rings, bearings, gaskets and pay someone to assemble it but thats alot of work and money to gain zero hp or rpm.

Welll its not gonna be much of a daily driver. I wanna build this for a combination sled puller and a truck i can take to the track. SO i guess make of it what ya want haha. As for internals i havent looked into where to get the parts yet so any help will be appreciated. I wouldnt mind going with elete but there prices and the run around they kind of give people. I ordered there egr block off plate and i waited 3 months to get it and all it is a piece of sheet metal thats been stamped out. and took 3 months to get it