Suncoast OMEGA shaft. Info? Experience?

SPEEDSHIFT

I am starting to do my home work on which trans parts to go with in my 04, and came across Suncoasts new Omega input shaft kit, it retails for 3300 with converter, pump, shaft, and drum. I am kinda between this and Opies fat shaft, just trying to see which would be better. I called and they said they havent built a whole lot with the Omega upgrade, but I just wanted to see if anyone here had one of them.

FYI this truck will have a built 6.7 hybrid, dual pumps, 66/510, yada yada... hopefully over 1000 on #2... but of-coarse, we'll see about that.

They say its made from a different material than the regular Sonnax shafts they use as well, however I didnt get any other details than that. .250 larger than a stock shaft, and a 1 year warranty, is about all I know.

Contact mike @ m&j tool fab (monster pump mike) talk with him about his logged shafts and converters 4192371521 never an issue or problem here

Please call Jeff Garmon and Phil Taylor too!

Jeff has his own NEW Fat shaft Full Billet tranny...Bigger than the SC shaft or Opie shaft, and has a 40% Output he uses now too...

Jeff is upgrading my tranny to ^ this setup when we fix my motor this time.. He stated yesterday, " I want you to TRY to tear it up! Drive it howEVER you want and TRY to break it"...

Jeff and Phil are on top of things these days... Check him out or call me / PM me and I'll have Jeff call you directly to explain further!

David

FTR though, I've stil not had any trouble with my standard size Opie Full billet stuff yet either.. Jeff just wants me testing his new stuff..

Last edited:
I called Jeffs shop already, I left a message. I am in no hurry, just trying to do some homework.

I just talked to Jeff, looks like he has a pretty nice setup at an affordable price.

4dsk conv
big input
full billet

and about $4000 less than Suncoast... looks like a pretty good deal to me.

Ya know everytime I think about having Jeff do my next tranny, he keeps making them better and better.

i have the suncoast tranny and big shaft in my truck,no problems with 40 psi boosted launches with slicks. cant go wrong with suncoast...

Please call Jeff Garmon and Phil Taylor too!

Jeff has his own NEW Fat shaft Full Billet tranny...Bigger than the SC shaft or Opie shaft, and has a 40% Output he uses now too...

Jeff is upgrading my tranny to ^ this setup when we fix my motor this time.. He stated yesterday, " I want you to TRY to tear it up! Drive it howEVER you want and TRY to break it"...

Jeff and Phil are on top of things these days... Check him out or call me / PM me and I'll have Jeff call you directly to explain further!

David

FTR though, I've stil not had any trouble with my standard size Opie Full billet stuff yet either.. Jeff just wants me testing his new stuff..

so jeff went and found something better then opie shafts?
i thought there was nothing better then opie shafts?

so jeff went and found something better then opie shafts?
i thought there was nothing better then opie shafts?

LOL

Not gonna touch that one man!!

But you know Jeff, He doesn't like to follow. He wants to Lead!! So he went out and had his own shaft made...Larger than Opie's and Suncoast.. Pretty sure it had nothing to do with being unhappy with Opies product.. Maybe the availibility at times though...

BUT!! My standard Opie Billet shafts in my tranny has held up just fine.. All my launches were at 20psi .. at 7300 lbs...

So I can't say anything bad about Opies stuff... I don't think Jeffs has anything bad to say either...

I understand your position on Opie's stuff and Rightly So.... But in the world of machinery, metals, HP parts, etc....Anything can happen once in a while...

I'm living proof of that with my truck!! I just seem to go through Engines faster than you go through Tranny Shafts!!! LOL

Last edited:
I have seen the suncoast omega and its damn big I think bigger than the oppie shaft. I have a friend that runs one. He has broke pretty much every brand shaft in one pass.He has had no problems with the omega and has a ton of launches on it. It is a 6500lb truck with slicks and 1100+hp

Here is a pic of the Suncoast shaft on the Right

Garmons new shaft is even Larger!!!

9b6cf847.jpg

I have seen the suncoast omega and its damn big I think bigger than the oppie shaft. I have a friend that runs one. He has broke pretty much every brand shaft in one pass.He has had no problems with the omega and has a ton of launches on it. It is a 6500lb truck with slicks and 1100+hp

That sounds pretty damn serious! Any videos of it?