suncoast

Garmon's and Taylors numbers in my Sig. when you need it repaired!

Not hating, just stated that they have to fix / repair them(ATS especially) frequently...

new full tranny on its way.will post reactions and dyno numbers.

Good call on the Suncoast. I have their internals in mine and love it. :rockwoot:

Make sure you have the updated governor pressure solenoid too.

Solenoid issue

I had forgotten about the solenoid issue. I had to replace mine too. It has been the only thing I've had to do to the tranny in 4 years except for fluid and filter changes. It's been pretty much bullet proof, which is what I had in mind going full billet.

I had a suncoast in my truck.. The converter and the shafts are great.. but i smoked the clutches pretty easily in it. Was rather disappointed when I had someone else rebuild it and they found paper clutches in my expensive tranny.

all i can says wow its a new truck.love the way it shifts now and feels like im in a sling shot when it locks up.my old converter was missing a bolt when the took it out so good time to change it.i will get it on a dyno soon.

542hp and 1212tq. that is with new tranny and flex a lite installed.best hp before was 460.

dont forget the fans.the tune was the same in both runs.also i was missing a bolt on my stock converter.

dont forget the fans.the tune was the same in both runs.also i was missing a bolt on my stock converter.

Due to ECM control/tuning the CR engine fan never runs more than 80% of engine speed at idle. If the engine is running over idle, as soon as the apps senses voltage change, the engine fan rpm drops to 35% of engine speed unless there is an overheat issue or other engine problems. I ran electric fans...now I'm back to stock, I've also dynoed with and without the engine driven fan...very minimal power difference, it very well could have been the day $.02

im not saying the fans added a ton but 82 hp gain with just a tranny is alot i think.

I had a suncoast in my truck.. The converter and the shafts are great.. but i smoked the clutches pretty easily in it. Was rather disappointed when I had someone else rebuild it and they found paper clutches in my expensive tranny.

was it a tranny direct from suncoast or was it built by someone with suncoast parts?

Garmon's and Taylors numbers in my Sig. when you need it repaired!

Not hating, just stated that they have to fix / repair them(ATS especially) frequently...
they all break.i have nothing against Jeff or Phil i am sure they do good work.but in my opinion Suncoast still makes the best tranny on the market.it held all the power i could throw at it.well over 1000hp in a 7000lb plus truck...

Dont know how true it is but I've been told good luck getting suncoast or ats to stand behind there warranty. Thats one reason why i use Goerend Brothers and Why Big Swole uses Garmon.

mine was straight from suncoast.i believe they will stand behind their tranny.