Super phat shaft oil drain?

muz

I've fitted a phat shaft & ATS 3 piece manifold, I had to dent the pipe a little to get clearance. now when the pipes fitted its no where near the return in the sump, Am I missing something? if I have a flexible line made up what is the smallest pipe I can use & still keep a good return flow?

my SPS66 cleared without issue, my super b single didn't, I bent the waste gate arm instead of denting the drain.

the 24v 2nd gen drains seem to clear a little better... you can clock the center housing to get the drain to meet up with the hose, but what I usually do is cut about an inch out of the drain tube and use a piece of oil safe hose and a couple clamps to connect the two. makes it much easier to slide the turbo in place.

you can also use a 3rd gen flexible drain tube. it's much thinner metal and easier to dimple for clearance. connect it to the drain stub w/ oil safe hose

Don't suppose you have a cummins part number for the flexible drain?

Did you clock the center housing? My SPS62 and Super B Special have both gone into my 12v without any issues.

The cheapest fix i've come up with is buying some 3/4" fuel line from a Big Rig Truck store. 3/4" is a tight fit but I couldn't find 7/8". Seems like I paid about $4.50 per foot for the fuel line. My $4.50 investment has been used on 4 different turbo setups now.

Don't suppose you have a cummins part number for the flexible drain?

Cummins makes a flexible steel drain tube that is similar to, but a little longer than the 3rd gen part, therefore it works better. Jeff @ Mumau Diesel (Snedge) should be able to get you one. If I had the part number I would gladly give it to ya!