Supercharged Cummins

You need to include some type of bypass as the turbo can/will outflow the super in lower RPMs. I custom built mine with a LARGE bypass valve built into the SC mount.
Turbo choice is yours with this set-up. stock or whatever your fueling can push. The SC is just to get you started in low RPMs and speed cool-down.

Have you had anymore issues with blade flex in the super charger since rerouting it to feed the turbo?

None. The blower is now running within its normal operating parameters.

So I probably need to finish my triple 351cw's. I was thinking you ran 351's in one of your setups. Do you remember how that setup compared to something like 351-3b setup I have been running. Thanks,Gary

You need to include some type of bypass as the turbo can/will outflow the super in lower RPMs. I custom built mine with a LARGE bypass valve built into the SC mount.
Turbo choice is yours with this set-up. stock or whatever your fueling can push. The SC is just to get you started in low RPMs and speed cool-down.

You mean the turbo will outflow in higher rpm's?

Do you have a picture of this bypass valve and how it is routed?

When do you bypass it? (at what boost/rpm?)

I have developed a custom valve and will not discuss it suffice to say it allows the turbo to breathe more than the blower puts out when demand dictates.

I appreciate and understand you not wanting to just give out all your hard work. But if you'll humor me, how does the routing(piping) work? If not I understand.

You do realize he sells this as a kit?

Oh now I see. No I didn't know he sells that. Reality is, thats more fab than I want to get into, but I love learning all the details behind stuff like this.

There is very little I dont show/tell about these set-ups but I cant be too specific here.
The blower pulls from atmosphere and force feeds the turbo @ a rate specific to its size and RPM x pulley ratio.
The turbo its feeding is driven by exhaust gasses which are dependent on throttle input vs load as dictated by the chosen fueling system.
Depending on the specific combos, it is entirely possible that the turbo can/will draw more air than is being supplied by the blower, so a bypass is added to allow the turbo to breathe more air than the blower may be flowing @ the time.
This also allows you to keep driving even if the belt breaks! (obviously no more than any other truck) so you can pull off to safely change the belt or call for a tow.

There is very little I dont show/tell about these set-ups but I cant be too specific here.
The blower pulls from atmosphere and force feeds the turbo @ a rate specific to its size and RPM x pulley ratio.
The turbo its feeding is driven by exhaust gasses which are dependent on throttle input vs load as dictated by the chosen fueling system.
Depending on the specific combos, it is entirely possible that the turbo can/will draw more air than is being supplied by the blower, so a bypass is added to allow the turbo to breathe more air than the blower may be flowing @ the time.
This also allows you to keep driving even if the belt breaks! (obviously no more than any other truck) so you can pull off to safely change the belt or call for a tow.
Carl how big do you think you could go turbo wise and still be streetable? S480 or 488 maybe?

even bigger. The SC's are available up to an 8.3L so IMO they could be run alone (without turbo) with the right set-up.
With my 2.3 a 475/.90 was the next step and I dont think it would have any issue lighting.

Nope. No need to. The SC does not add top-end power, it adds a TON of low-end grunt and spools the turbo faster. The only thing it would show on a dyno is a steep, flat torque curve.

even bigger. The SC's are available up to an 8.3L so IMO they could be run alone (without turbo) with the right set-up.
With my 2.3 a 475/.90 was the next step and I dont think it would have any issue lighting.
How much do 2.3's or whatever size SC is needed for a s482 or s488?