Superchips??

Diesel Nut

6 Speed 12V
Hey guys and gals!

Ok heres the deal. I am a distributor for Superchips and use the Flashpaq on my 2006 Dodge. Heres my problem. My truck stops at 108mph. Superchips advertises they raise the speed limiter. Tech support has different answers. One guy said they raise the electronic limiter to 152mph. Another guy is saying that I can't exceed 3200 rpms in top gear. WTF? So, here's my questions -

1. Anyone know how many rpms a 3.73 geared truck with stock 26570R17's is turning at 108? I never looked.:doh:

2. Anyone else using this? is it working for you?

3. If I am turning 3200 at 108mph, and thats where the truck stops stock, and they say with their tuner you can't exceed 3200 rpms in top gear, isn't it false advertising? I have some people looking into it, but I wanted to run it by you guys too. BTW - its not just my truck (they tried that one once). I have a customer with the same issuee and I know another shop north of me with te same issue. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Jason

Not all tuners move the engine rev limiter, pretty much making these useless for sled pulling.

I know the PPE tuners for the Duramaxes raise the rev limiter, but I will ask tomorrow if the 06 Dodge one does also.

Not all tuners move the engine rev limiter
Superchips moves it to 3600. This part is working.

Common trick is to just run taller tires.
i could, or could change the tire size down all the way. Problem is that everyone says the trans will not shift correctly due to the speedo being so far off.

Also, this still bypasses the original problem. They advertise they raise top speed limiter. In my current situation, I have to say its not performing as advertised.

Same problem here the speedo govener stops at 108-110 I call and emailed tech they said there tuner program is set to allready remove govener when progam is installed. Told them no and she said yes. So I hung up if you find something out let me know.

I would think it is not so much the top speed, but the rev limiter that you guys are hitting

4th gear 2800RPMS and as soon as you get to 110mph cuts fuel and drops down to 104mph just like a governer on a gasser.

OK finally got someone to actually email me with some info on this.

This is what they say,

In talking with the calibrations department about the speedo, that is all you are going to get with the gearing and tire size you have. To go any faster, you will need to either change the rear gears or go to taller tires. The engine is all out of RPM’s and will not rev any higher to let you go any faster.

As for the Extreme File, the Dodge boys are working on it now. Do know of a time frame for it but they are working on it. Right now we are trying to get it to where it will not ruin the torque converter or fry a clutch disc.

Al