Surging??

bigd450

I got a bit of a surging problem and I think it might be my injectors. If I am just cruising through town at 30-40 at around 2000rpm the engine seems to miss it, you cant feel it surging but the engine isn't running smooth it hard to explain I guess other then it surges or misses. Now when I am on the highway and got my chip turned up and I excelerate slow or got it to the floor it seems fine. Although when I ease into it fair hard it really starts to surge. I at first thought it was just the Adrenaline, and just thought that was the way it ran as I have an aggressive tune downloaded. I started playing with the settings and I found out that if I take out all the timing is a 100 times better.

So if I had a bad injector would adding more timing greatly enhance the problem??

I believe it's the Adrenaline, does it do it with the box off?

I would check my pump wire?

I believe it's the Adrenaline, does it do it with the box off?

I would check my pump wire?

No it doesn't do it when the Adrenaline is off, but it also doesn't do it if the Adrenaline is on and the timing is at zero. The surging in town when I am holding a steady rpm does it whether the Adrenaline is on or off.

The Adrenaline does it on my truck as well. Especially as the weather gets colder. The truck doesn't surge with a drag comp, or a redline box. Just the Adrenaline.

Paul

Have you tried any of the new tunes from the website? I have been running my old box with my 70% tune because the 4k box was just too aggressive & surged. Last week I loaded a new tune for the dyno & it is like butter. I put my old box in the glove box.

Have you tried any of the new tunes from the website? I have been running my old box with my 70% tune because the 4k box was just too aggressive & surged. Last week I loaded a new tune for the dyno & it is like butter. I put my old box in the glove box.

Yeah I have tried all the new tunes out there. All the tunes give me the surging even the 1000 tune but like I said if I have zero timing added it doesn't surge, even if I have the fuel stretch at 2200 and it on level 10. I do have an edge I could put on and try I guess.

But if your holding around 2000-2200rpm in say third is your engine smooth or does it have a bit of a miss to it as well?