Swap fuel plates to help lean out bottom end response?

Then you could say I have the EFI live tune on my 12 valve and not look dumb haha.

There is a guy here in Utah working on something like that. I might have accidentally deleted my messages to him so I can't really find the thread.

Sent from my iPhone during class

Are you cutting the fuel this much with just the afc or a combination of governor springs, injectors and delivery valves? I've backed my pre boost all the way out, stretched the spring and slid it to the rear, but I definitely couldn't floor it from a stop and it not go anywhere.
Id be willing to bet its because of your dvs.

It's possible, I cut the ones in mine a little more aggressive than the others for pulling. Might have to go back to the other cut.
That's what I had to do. Switched to 181's. It allowed me to use a lesser afc spring and actually use my pre-boost screw.

Yeah I was hoping the afc would have more control, but I'm overfueled as it is. Need twins or trips haha.

Yeah I was hoping the afc would have more control, but I'm overfueled as it is. Need twins or trips haha.
You could machine for your diaphram nut to go back farther or open up your mounting holes/slots fo myr more movement to the rear. To try to pull fuel out. I wanted to but was told its not needed with a 12mm

You could machine for your diaphram nut to go back farther or open up your mounting holes/slots fo myr more movement to the rear. To try to pull fuel out. I wanted to but was told its not needed with a 12mm

Yeah might try that, I know the spring is a bit soft too.

Yeah might try that, I know the spring is a bit soft too.
Just to clairfy, I meant the area where the diaphram nut goes into. Not the actual nut. When I re read my post, that's how it sounded to me.

I have a tight spring if you wanna try it, you just have to grind it to the length you need.

Yeah I understood it, I have some governor and valve springs to try, but thank ya man.

I was at the ACE Hardware store today and picked up a few different springs to try out to try and clean up my fuel curve. Cost me a whole 4 bucks. Ill add to this a bit if i have any luck with them.

sucks that I dont have an ace nearby...

I also pulled some measurements on the springs I have laying around:

Stock 160 AFC spring:
OD = 0.95"
ID = 0.73"
Wire dia = 0.107"
Free Length = 1.16"
Coils = ~3.25 active

TST "soft":
OD = 0.975"
ID = 0.775"
Wire dia = 0.095"
Free Length = 1.5"
Coils = 4 active

sucks that I dont have an ace nearby...

I also pulled some measurements on the springs I have laying around:

Stock 160 AFC spring:
OD = 0.95"
ID = 0.73"
Wire dia = 0.107"
Free Length = 1.16"
Coils = ~3.25 active

TST "soft":
OD = 0.975"
ID = 0.775"
Wire dia = 0.095"
Free Length = 1.5"
Coils = 4 active
Your more than welcome to try one of the ones I have.

There is a guy here in Utah working on something like that. I might have accidentally deleted my messages to him so I can't really find the thread.

Sent from my iPhone during class

I read a thread over on dodge Cummins diesel forum about an adjustable system for the p- pumps they supposably have a prototype already working. They say that it should be ready to market by spring or summer this year.

Yep, that was just with the AFC and don't think I didn't beat my head against the wall a few times, biggest thing with an AFC is the hand held air regulator to simulate boost, the next is getting the AFC as far back as possible the you can add from there. Seriously, I have spent allot of time with this over the years just figuring it out, you can make more progress with the AFC on the bench than on the truck....all about understanding what is happening, kind of like tuning a jet engine on a plane.

Jim

I have been using one of these threaded into one port of the tee:

Blow_gun.301230456_std.jpg

(not my pic)

and a pressure gauge in the other port. It's somewhat touchy, but i can creep up on it and watch the foot's movement with ease.

Benched mine today and yanked the stock spring out. It was already stretched out and was at half rack by 15 psi, full rack at 28. Installed a 160 pump gov spring and I can now cut the fuel like Jim and Ron were talkin about, but its not gettin enough fuel to spool correctly. It doesn't smoke at all just a fine haze when I jump on it which is great.

Back