swapping LL#8 to regular AD?

jvencius

I've had a very mild and intermittent knock for the last few months and since I've addressed all the fuel system hardware issues I can think of (in-tank mods, AirDog, ITP reg. return system), I'm wondering if there's any way the LL injector I have in #8 cylinder (verified when I had the sticks out last fall for o-ring R/R) might be the cause of it and if so, would there be any harm in swapping to a regular AD injector? Since, IIRC, the LL part of that stick is hardware, I shouldn't need to send the chip back for re-programming, correct?

And the dredded Cackle makes its return..:bang

If you did do it you shouldnt have to reburn your chip.
So long as it doesnt sound like a monkey banging on the inside of your block than Id leave it be.$.02

I couldn't resist leaving things alone and so earlier this week I stuck a reman AD from Swamps in #8. That idle knock is completely gone and the noise from my Michelin AT/2's (very mild tread pattern) is louder on the big road than engine noise so that's alright. Maybe I gained one-millionth of a H.P. from having 8 matched injectors vs. 7 AD's and an AE but the difference in how smooth my engine runs is nice and very noticeable.