Switchblade turbo issues

bwdt

engineer
Anyone running one of these? I can't make boost and my egts are high and it smokes like a pig.

No boost leaks, tested to 70 lbs. Exhaust manifold had a crack and was replaced. no more leaks.

cruises down highway at 1-2 lbs of boost. Max boost is 20 lbs. Shipped it to Blaylock and they checked it and said there is nothing wrong.

I've had two sets of injectors and have had the boxes on and off......Same thing. No boost.

So I want to find out about others experience with these.

I have the non electronic version and it's actuated by boost pressure.

I know the newer ones are actuated by drive pressure. If I disconnect the pressure line and leave the vane closed I gain about 3 lbs of boost. It'll hit just over twenty pounds. should be in the high thirties or low forties.

If I'm seeing this correctly. If the turbo is actuated by drive pressure the vane should open up sooner.

I would take it off and use shop air to make sure that it's working like it should. If nt take it apart and inspect it!

I was hoping someone else could chime in and I could get some info on their performance specs. I will be pulling it back off and taking it apart.