Switchblade turbocharger

That's pretty comparable to the towing improvement that I had when I went to the switchblade. This thing really shines towing.

Comes with a programmable controller, allows the user to adjust open and close points etc. Can even do some logging with the setup.

While driving you can also monitor several parameters using a laptop.

So how big a set of twins is this equal to?

At 75lbs per min maybe the small bd towing twins. The 366 primary of that set moves 80lbs per min give or take but you give up some of that air given the heat put into it by the secondary so far as I understand.

At 75lbs per min maybe the small bd towing twins. The 366 primary of that set moves 80lbs per min give or take but you give up some of that air given the heat put into it by the secondary so far as I understand.

So 550 - 600hp max???

What's the vane made out of, and what's the EGT limit since the vane gets no cooling whatsoever?

My first guess would be Inconel 600. My first impression was seeing that flap being thin and melting down if you had a heavy fueling or mismatched parts. Not a jab to the op or switchblade. I'm sure it has it's limits within reason. Like the concept.

My first guess would be Inconel 600. My first impression was seeing that flap being thin and melting down if you had a heavy fueling or mismatched parts. Not a jab to the op or switchblade. I'm sure it has it's limits within reason. Like the concept.
Inconel 718

The complete Switchblade system is $2950. The buyer will need to supply the T4 manifold of their choice.

Possibly a bit more in a setup which works well.

can somebody please explain to a newb how a bigger turbo say one like my super b special a 64/71 is rated for about 500ish give or take, but your claiming this switchblade that is a 63 (didn't catch the rest) can make over 600? This thing is already glowing from small sticks I would think you would need to add alot more fuel and raise egts. Am I missing something?

Like I said before, if you can run this charger at better than 1 to 1 after 50 psi then it is better than any single I have tested, boost is B/S, boost to drive tells the story, boost 50 and drive at say 70 then I say your air is hot and you need to get the air out of the motor.

Carbon I ran a single 66 with 370 injectors years ago to 609 on #2 only, old news now days!

Jim

again I am a newb, but from what I understand these switchblades are running hot, will they put up with the over fueling to reach 600hp? I would believe over 600hp with a 66, and even 600hp with a 64 but at that point are you not over fueling the 64? BD says my 64 is rated for about 500hp how would this smaller turbo get to 600+ hp without alot of fuel and skyhigh egts?

I wish I could get my hands on one of these for a day just to dyno it back to back with my 64/71

Back