switching to smaller tires any gains? 305/50 to 285/40

llyproject

Well its time for some decent tires i got a brand new set of 420s for 300$ from a buddy. The problem is that they are only 285/40/20s i havent ever ran a tire that small.I hook up fine so i dont think traction will be an issue.i recently switched from the dhd centerlink brace and put in a whole new front end, i put in a straight centerlink from dmax store, cognito braces and weld in supports everything else is new also. It launches like a dream . I actually just cut my best time on stock turbo and fuel i ran a 12.609 @106.9 with a 1.750 60ft time. I only got 2 runs that night and did not launch hard either time on the new set up just to be safe , but there was an accident shortly after, so the night was cut short. So i am curious how the size will affect me and any personal exsperiences. Thanks in advance

You're gonna be needing a good amount of rpm on the big end with that change. Traction might become more of an issue with the smaller diameter, and slightly narrower tire.

1/8th mile, they should work like a champ though..
If you are worried about rpm. You can use them for short track racing, or hang it on the limiter through the traps.

305 50 20s

I had an 02 lb7 and ran 285's adn went to the 305 50 20's and man they killed the et. They are heavy and take alot more to get em going. went from running 12.80's to 13.40's