T3 s300 2.5 pulling class.. Who's got the best turbo?

Digity4790

So I'm in a pulling league that only allows t3 s300's 2.5 inducer... I have an s300 with a clipped 366 billet wheel.. A 74/80 turbine wheel, and bullseye exhaust housing.. I have been having issues keeping the charger lit. I'm not sure if it's a fueling issue, or if the collaboration of parts is all wrong ha ha. Just curious what you guys think word be the best setup for the class.

How to I make my signature visible? Sorry first day on. I filled one out. But doesn't seem showing..

Just edited the Sig.. Hopefully that's working now... Ha ha idk I'm running a stock pump, with hot street DV's, 4K gsk, and a 0 plate.. 5x18 dap injectors

How much rpm are you turning? A p-pump should be able to keep your turbo lit easily.

What gear are you using? And tire size? I can keep a t4 s366 lit with less fuel. But I can only use 2nd high, with 4.10s and 35s.

I haven't pulled with the 4.56's yet.. I have had 3.73's and I had to do 2nd high.. Tried coming out in 4th low, it didn't like it.. I'm running down the track 2900-3000.. The clutch isn't going to last much longer, so that's not helping

I'm in the same boat as you then, but you couldn't keep it spooled in 2nd either?

I would think that the 4.56s would do it then. I haven't got a decent pass with mine yet though. You're still too high geared and low power to pull 4 lo though.

i was gonna try 4lo at the next pull, but the last pull, my clutch didn't fully engage until after the 100ft mark ha ha. So I think I'll try and baby til the end of the season. And I'm gonna go with a hmr comp dual disk

We kind of got off the topic of this thread here, still trying to see if anyone has any knowledge, or a good reference to talk to about the optimal turbo for the class. Ha ha

any dyno numbers from your current turbo ?

the out of the box 363 SXE is rated at 785 Hp. im assuming your over that already ?

any dyno numbers from your current turbo ?

the out of the box 363 SXE is rated at 785 Hp. im assuming your over that already ?

No dyno numbers... But I'm sure I'm no where near 785... With the t3 turbine housing I doubt id ever see any niners like that.

Have you checked for boost leaks? I can't imagine it being an issue to keep that turbo spooled.

Jeb machine, stainless diesel should be able to help you otherwise

Have you checked for boost leaks? I can't imagine it being an issue to keep that turbo spooled.

Jeb machine, stainless diesel should be able to help you otherwise

That was an issue earlier in the season.. I blew the intercooler out, put a new one in, been good since... I hold 60-65psi through out the run, I can keep it lit all the way down the track. But it's just those last 10-15 ft that it falls in its face instead of spinning out..