Tachometer in a 24V ?

Graphic Man

whats involved in installing a tach in a 24V ?

drill and mount the pickup into the Balancer ,....how everyone doing it ?

Thanks
Scott

Why not just swap in a gasser gauge cluster and then have the 7k or so the gasser reads. Its a direct swap and works fine.

6,000 rpm. I think, but Daniel is right, drops right in. Now I do know a guy who put a 98.5 dash in an 01. Has issues with the high beam light, and the OD light. I imagine you should stay like years and all should be good.

i wanted to run a Autometer 5".....i found some info but i was looking for someone that has done one already to see if it's worth the effort

Bump for Scott.
I'd be interested in knowing as well. Don't really wanna do the gauge cluster swap.

I wouldn't mind doing a tach, but after 4k rpm......I just don't want to know.

Scott- Just found your post on this. I was running a 24valve balancer on my pull truck and the Autometer tach. I heard from a few people that glueing the magnets on didn't work so I put the balancer in a mill and set the magnets into the blancer about .100 thou I then got out the good old JB weld and put a bit in each hole and dropped the magnets in and let it setup...never had a problem. The only other thing I had to do was make a braket for the pickup sensor...in fact I will look in my box of misc parts and see if I still have the first bracket because I swapped it out when we had to have the blancer fully shielded last year.

The magnets I used were Rare earth Magnets (1/2") I believe and I picked them up from Lee Valley just off the 407.

Worked great and never had a problem with it!!!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan.....i was going to ask you about that the next time i talked to you