Tall Deck 427 BBC (520 cubic inches)

Seventy468

BBC Tall deck 427 block 95% machined
$750.00

I have a big block chevy tall deck 427 fully machined (just needs a finish hone, and the reason it wasn't done was because the machinist wanted the pistons, which I never had) Originally when I bought the block it was already .030 over, and needed to be machined. I bought it to put in my gas pulling truck that I was building. I had Jimmie's Machine Shop do all the work (located in Seymour, Indiana) I had him punch it .070, raising the total bore to 4.35" (.100 overbore) square deck it, putting it at 10.18", and align hone it. This is a four bolt main block with ARP windage tray main studs. I also filled the block halfway (bottom of water pump holes) with MOROSO hardblock filler (before the machine work was done) and installed new brass freeze plugs. All this block needs to be ready to go are cam bearings, and a finish hone.

Just to give you an idea on what I was going to do with the motor, I had planned on installing a 4.375� Ohio Crankshaft (which if you decide to go this big you will need to clearance the oil pan rails) which would have made this tall deck’s cubic inches a total of 520.

With a 4.25� stroke crank you will have 505 ci’s (and will still probably have to clearance the pan rails)

With a 4� stroke crank it will put you at 475 ci.
And with a 3.766� stroke you would be at 447ci.

I had planned to run 6.8� rods and 15:1 compression pistons with a set of heavily modified 990 heads on gas. On the Engine Builder program it was rated anywhere from 700-800 hp, depending on a few different variables. I know of other truck pullers with a similar setup in that range as well.

I do want to note that there was a crack repair in this block (before I bought it) between cylinders 6 and 8 on the deck side. When I had the machinist go .070� over from the previous .030� the bore machine actually started getting into the threads of the screw type repair made on the deck side, visible on the very top side of each cylinders (NOTE: repair is above where the rings will be at TDC). At first I thought it ruined the block, however after talking to the machinist and another competent engine builder they said it would be alright.

I have approximately $964.85 (including price of block itself) wrapped up in this block, and have the receipts to prove it. I will let this block go for $750.

Other items that I have accumulated for this build include:

Dart Single Plane Intake Manifold (for the tall deck)
-This intake manifold was used only for dyno time (was told it only ran for 4 hours). It is painted red and the previous owner did some porting/polishing on the inside of the intake. Brand new (price from Summit) this intake costs $399. I am asking $250.

I will sell items individually or, I will let it all go for $900.

Thanks

Call or text 317-402-9260

I have several photo's of everything but am currently having issues loading. Until then if you would like photo's please message me or send me an email requesting what you would like. Seventy468@yahoo.com

I just linked it to my nephew who is without a race motor.

Will also consider trading for guns. preferably a rifle in the calibers of 22-250 to .338