TANKSSS got some new trinkets!!!

WYODodge
"Any particular reasoning you chose a Mile-Marker kit over a DynaTrac?"

Mile marker is just the locking hubs,...the kit is made by SOLID AXLE INDUSTRIES.

Rob D-
did your truck not have them stock or are you upgrading?

Yeah the truck came with manual locking hubs,...they SUCK...they are a very weak link in the drivetrain.

watch vid:

I installed the Dynatrac a couple months ago. Check out this months Diesel World for the install. Pretty straight forward.

Too bad you still can't figure out which side is drivers and which is passenger. :nail:

LOL

I took a darn good pic of it....and I normally suck at taking pictures...

KLMPartsAPR082.jpg

here's what it looks like in reality...lol...cheap X-mas paper, and some foam padding.

100_6002.jpg

I installed the Dynatrac a couple months ago. Check out this months Diesel World for the install. Pretty straight forward.

Yes, but this is a 99-04 Solid kit......and Tanks has an 05.

I know the differences between the 99-04 Dynatrac kit and the 05+ Dynatrac kit, which is why I said I think he's in over his head :D

I did a Dynatrac Super Duty Combo Kit 3.5 years ago on my 01 (designed for 99-04s) and it was real easy to do :hehe:

lol

I make out either way,...if I can't get it to fit,...oh well.

Hey Jay if they do not fit I have the Perfect donor vehicle. I would be more than happy to take them off your hands.

All this negativity is kinda childish. Not to knock you or anything you have done in the past and how much you know, but let him try. If it works it works, if it doesn't then it doesn't. How do you think half the aftermarket products came about. Someone took a chance to make something work for their application. Maybe he can get something to work, and the company will make it even better and start making a kit for an 05. Alot of people on this site do a lot of R&D for products. One off the top of my head is Richard. It's how stuff gets developed and new products are made. Don't think i'm coming off as an ass or anything, but let him try. If if fails, it won't be the first time and won't be the last.

The last time I went "rock'in" most all the jeeps got stuck,...I was surprised...I thought I was gonna be screwed.

It was like driving in a parking lot for me...easyyyyyyy as hell.

DSC01423.jpg

DSC01473.jpg

DSC01478.jpg

DSC01486.jpg

DSC01492.jpg

DSC01495.jpg

Plus if it doesn't work, then it just emphasized that tank is a dumb **** anyways so it is just something else we can call him stupid for.:shake:

I can only speak for my self but I do not think anyone is being negitive, just ruffing Jay up alittle for fun. I think it is awsome what Jay is doing. He has a badazz truck and he uses it. He deserves to be a beta tester for parts, because if they can survive him they should do allright for everyone else.

All this negativity is kinda childish. Not to knock you or anything you have done in the past and how much you know, but let him try. If it works it works, if it doesn't then it doesn't. How do you think half the aftermarket products came about. Someone took a chance to make something work for their application. Maybe he can get something to work, and the company will make it even better and start making a kit for an 05. Alot of people on this site do a lot of R&D for products. One off the top of my head is Richard. It's how stuff gets developed and new products are made. Don't think i'm coming off as an ass or anything, but let him try. If if fails, it won't be the first time and won't be the last.

Okay, then to be positive.....he does have a few pieces in that kit that will work on the 05+ truck, and it can be done with some precision measuring and comparing to make the right parts to install a kit on a 05+ truck.

Was merely commenting since Dynatrac makes 99-04 kits and 05+ kit and I know which parts they share in common and which parts are different.

I appreciate the help....if it doesn't work...it doesn't work....no biggie

But I'm gonna give it a shot.

Look at this way....I know your just DYING to pull a chick move and say...."I told you so"......

Now sit back,shut up and let me give you that chance....lol

Last edited:
:stab: Take a stab at it. If nothing else, put some herculiner on it and weld it to something.

Am I missing something? If they make an 05 kit and Tanks has an 05, why didn't he get THAT kit instead of trying to make orange juice out of apples? :shake:

--Snake