tape measure vs intercooler

Jff24Gordn

FIRE
short story... it dont fit :bang :bang

long story
I was the National Farm Machinery Show on Wednesday and was looking at a water/air intercooler at a booth. As I left, I had a guy walk up to me and ask if I needed a intercooler. As it turns out, he has the tractor "High Maintenan$e" in the 9300 super farm class. Their rules changed and he had a intercooler to get rid of. I went to look at it in his trailer, and measured it. I went home, my truck is in pieces, but I thought it would fit. Well over night, I put it back together enough to get a test fit and it don't fit.
So I can either hack a notch out of the fender and hood and have it hanging out of the body, or on the passenger floorboard, or between the seats.

So my question is would the extra pipe with the intercooler in the cab be enough to affect turbo lag?

Attachments

• ic-front.jpg
    ic-front.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 140
  • ic-side.jpg
    ic-side.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 122
  • ic-floor.jpg
    ic-floor.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 112
  • ic-seat.jpg
    ic-seat.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 109
I still have one of these coolers

Intercooler.jpg

I'll look up the specs for it today but it along with all the extra parts I have are for sale.

Jim

I see the mustangs with them in the passenger seat. I wouldn't be concerned.

The more volume that you have to pressurize, the more lag you will have.

But the cooling effect should more than balance out any loss in performance.

It might be a bit bigger than I need, but I love overkill. I guess I'll just need to spray a little more nitrous to make the chargers spool harder to overcome the extra pipe.
I need to get a cup holder made into the cold water side of the intercooler to keep my beer cold when I'm racing.

LOL Then I think the method we talked about will work for the beer chiller as well. I'll see if I can't source it tomorrow night.

OK, when brandon gets the aerospace coolant, we will let you try it out and tell us when it cracks a piston.

I've seen coolers in Mustangs a heck of alot bigger than that one and there mounted behind the seats, don't sweat the piping or the air temp, they run intake temps to 60 degrees at the traps, of course there only making 2K in HP :woohoo:

Jim