TC Lock Up Switch Issues

bubba2400

Working on putting a TC lock up switch in a 97 Powerstroke. This will only be used for truck pulling so if the O/D light flashes it's ok. Tapped into the Purple wire with yellow tracer and used a momentary push button switch that runs to ground. Converter locks when you push the button but the issue that I am having is that it doesn't unlock when you let go of the button.

It will not unlock until you put it in neutral for a few seconds or shut the truck off and let it sit for a few seconds.

Do I need to have the wire going back to the computer disconnected from the ground signal I am supplying the converter solenoid? Is the computer just getting all messed up when the converter is locking in when it shouldn't be? Any help would be appreciated.

I did the lockup switch in my truck. 4r100. Same concept. All i did was, tap the wire, run it to one side of a switch. Ground the other side. Thats it. I never use it though. A good tuner will get the lockup right in there tunes.

Must be something with that computer or tuning??? Everyone says they just tap that wire and ground the other side of the switch. I am going to try disconnecting the wire going to the PCM and see if it unlocks, that will tell me if it's something with the computer or the trans and solenoid itself.

For pulling it will work better being able to control the lock manually. Will be able to change points for different track conditions and keep it from stalling the motor at the end of the track.

Back