TC Lock up Switch

DWitcher said:
What about the ATS Comander and Suncoasts controller?

The TS controller is rumored to be a re-labeled Suncoast box.

The ATS controller is expensive as hell, so we resorted to a switch and some wire. A lot easier and allows you to be in control...not more electronics.

Whats the problem with the electronics on the ATS controller? I'm looking for something alittle more automated for other drivers (Wife).

DWitcher said:
Whats the problem with the electronics on the ATS controller? I'm looking for something alittle more automated for other drivers (Wife).

You don't have to have a lock up switch....i know when any girl gets behind the wheel of my truck, all switches are hidden and all power adders are turned down.

If you insist on a controller, the ATS one is probably the best out there. Its been around a while.

Trust me I run like hell to turn it down when she drives it. You are right the commander is $$$(mad cheddar)$$$.

DWitcher said:

OH trust me the wife won't ever touch that switch when she is driving. :hehe:

but then she can't hardly see over the steering wheel in the truck either.
Guess i could tell her the driver seat is eletric and can be adjusted for height as well as long legs :evil

moneymaker44 said:
OH trust me the wife won't ever touch that switch when she is driving. :hehe:

but then she can't hardly see over the steering wheel in the truck either.
Guess i could tell her the driver seat is eletric and can be adjusted for height as well as long legs :evil
Aww thats just not right:hehe: :hehe: . Mine still needs to drive my drunk a** around every now and then:chug:

973604x4. You think the Suncoast box is out of the question for the money?

DWitcher said:
Aww thats just not right:hehe: :hehe: . Mine still needs to drive my drunk a** around every now and then:chug:

AH now you know why i was making her drive my truck :thankyou2:
but really she has drove it but i have got on it a few times with her in the truck and she is a little scared of it . its funny to watch my truck go that slow when i watch her drive off. i haze at idle and you can't hardly see that when she drives :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

DWitcher said:
973604x4. You think the Suncoast box is out of the question for the money?

the Suncoast and TS box are the same thing. We couldn't get them to work. Good luck with it...the instructions...oh wait what instructions? TS couldnt even answer how to make it work.

The ATS unit is out of the question to me due to the price. I know someone that has one but he isn't lock-up savy :hehe: he doesn't know what to look for. I guess I should drive his truck and see.

My 03 (11/02) is the meca of things that won't work. I don't know whats up with the early CR's:banghead: Thanks for the heads up.

ATS Co-Pilot $602.70 vs Suncoast $450.00 "race version". Not that big of a difference IMO.

SledPuller21 said:
My TC lockup switch wouldnt lock up in 1st gear on my last truck, and I was told they dont lock till they get into 2nd. I could keep the truck down in 1st flip the switch and come to a dead stop no prob....I think it was on TST's site where I seen it said that. Correct me if I'm wrong or maybe it was just something different on the 47re.

a 47re is setup to not lock util it hits second gear, a 48re you can kill the truck if its in drive and you flip the switch. i wouldnt reccomend this as it shudders the converter and doesnt do it any good.

when i used mine (48re) i would wait till the second gear shift and then flip the switch. on 36" tires it was a pretty wild ride! and i never had any problems except when you forget to turn it off when coming to stop. when you hear that shudder you remember real quick!

After doing the 5sp -> auto conversion my Suncoast race controller works great as my stand alone PCM on my 47RH. I am still using manual PCM/ECM with no issues whatsoever. No torque management either ;)

this "race" controller yall speak of may be different than the box im speaking of. The only thing the TS box did was control lock up.

SledPuller21 said:
My TC lockup switch wouldnt lock up in 1st gear on my last truck, and I was told they dont lock till they get into 2nd. I could keep the truck down in 1st flip the switch and come to a dead stop no prob....I think it was on TST's site where I seen it said that. Correct me if I'm wrong or maybe it was just something different on the 47re.

The VB needs to be setup for first gear lockup...my DTT 48RE VB is. I've only used it a couple times pulling machinery out of muddy fields in 4 Lo where I'm really crawling!

Chris

I know on mine I flip the switch at the light, build boost, and launch. When the tranny hit's 2nd gear it locks the converter and hold on. It will rip your pants off.

BgBlDodge said:
I know on mine I flip the switch at the light, build boost, and launch. When the tranny hit's 2nd gear it locks the converter and hold on. It will rip your pants off.

um i like to see it rip HER pants off but not going to ride with you if you are going to try to undress ME :hehe:

Your was a general term. And there's a reason that that switch has a sticker above it saying "Only to be used when females present". LOL