TC & Valve Body Power Hold Capacity?

Sudia247

My truck has 135k on it, and I don't think the transmission has ever been rebuilt and the engine only has ever has intake and exhaust done to it as it sits now. I was thinking of just putting in a Billet Flex Plate, Goerend Triple Disk TC and a Goerend Valve Body in.

How much power should that hold, and would it be expected to be alright without getting the transmission rebuilt?

Might as well rebuild it while it is out. Should hold 350-400 as long as you don't do any boosted launches. Put the money for the billet flex plate into rebuilding it instead.

I have been wondering what my stock 96 auto will hold. For 98% of the of the time the truck is my DD. I don't haul much with it, maybe a 4,000 lb horse trailer once in a great while (pulled it once in the 2 years i've owned the truck), and I don't sled pull or drag the truck. Eventually maybe but definately not with this trans.

I've been thinking about doing some power mods to the truck to see how long it will hold in this condition. Thinking about having the pump max/racked/ balanced, 4k govenor springs, a set of injectors and maybe a 62 or 64 turbo. Hopefully I could make decent power and have the trans hold together until I can afford to build the trans.

What do you all think? Should be a 47RE trans in my truck, correct? Sorry for the ignorance, I am automatic transmission dumb.

I only have a transgo shift kit with my setup and ran it for 4 years. My trans is just finally starting to go. Mostly dd. some drag racing

Id look into a decent torque converter along with the valve body. The OEM one is crapola, its made to shield the weak OEM trans.
Something with a higher stall and a good stout lockup clutch... preferably multi-disc. Mine warped the front cover and fortunately was caught before it shed material into the rest of the trans.

Back