Tentative Sled Pulling Schedule, CA

Yeah, I just saw that the other day, I'm gonna go to as many as I can, are you gonna make it to any?

I'm not sure, I will make it to a few but I don't know which ones yet.

-Tom

I was looking at that, Brian said no Hughson, and Redneck games this year. They don't have the Sacramento (new) one on there yet either.

BBD

Cool, thanks Tom. Been checkin that site just about every other day since Feb. waiting for the '08 schedule. Time to start making plans.:rockwoot:

Joe

I have been checkin non stop too. When is yours gonna be ready?
Cool, thanks Tom. Been checkin that site just about every other day since Feb. waiting for the '08 schedule. Time to start making plans.:rockwoot:

Joe

That one in SacTown is late in the year though right? Like October or something.

-Tom

How many of you guys are going to actually make it to these events with fuel prices being the way they are? Its going to be hard to drive 250 miles (one way minimum) for a pull with no payout? I know fuel in Simi Valley right now is around $4.24 a gallon.

-Tom

It is sad to say that the fuel cost has me strapped. I planning to be at J&H, Turlock, Ukiah and Sac at a minimum. From there it will be a funds available basis.

$4.19 /gal here. Just came back from Arizona over spring brake and diesel was $3.77 /gal.

I have been checkin non stop too. When is yours gonna be ready?

Shoot, wish funds would come in for an earlier return but actually just found time this past weekend finally to get the engine out. Going to be a spectator until at least the middle of the '09 season.

Joe

How many of you guys are going to actually make it to these events with fuel prices being the way they are? Its going to be hard to drive 250 miles (one way minimum) for a pull with no payout? I know fuel in Simi Valley right now is around $4.24 a gallon.

-Tom

That is definately a toss-up Tom. I will probably attend more events this year being I won't be towing anything so fuel won't be too bad until the $5 per gal. prices arrive this summer.:bang But I guess you gotta pay to play.....

Joe

I agree with the "if your gonna play you gotta pay" attitude, believe me. But we provide the entertainment right? So why don't we get help when it comes to getting to these events?

-Tom

What we need on the west coast is a pull series. A DIESEL TRUCK PULL SERIES. The same sled, the same track and NOT a local fair. There should be pull-offs and purse money, and then at the end of the season, a championship purse.

-Tom

Hopefully that event will happen in Palmdale, its hard to justify the fuel cost for getting to these events. I know some people have switched over to bio-diesel so a lower expense. So that may be something to consider, at least for tow vehicles.

That sounds like a good idea, but I dont know if there is enough trucks to make it worth peoples time and money.
I am still gonna make all the ones that I can, maybe about 10-15, it all really depends on the truck though, not too much about fuel prices, I've got a lot of plans and parts but not very much time. Bio diesel is starting to sound like a good idea.
What we need on the west coast is a pull series. A DIESEL TRUCK PULL SERIES. The same sled, the same track and NOT a local fair. There should be pull-offs and purse money, and then at the end of the season, a championship purse.

-Tom

Jeff is correct, the Sacto event is scheduled for Oct 19th.

I plan on attending as many events as I can with sponsorship monies deticated to the funding of traveling and fueling costs.

Hey Tom good idea, perhaps we should start something and call it the Diesel Pulling Oraginazation (DPO) just send your $30.00 to Chris Sutton for membership :hehe:

BBD

Hey Tom good idea, perhaps we should start something and call it the Diesel Pulling Oraginazation (DPO) just send your $30.00 to Chris Sutton for membership :hehe:

BBD

:hehe: We all got roped into that one, huh???:hehe::hehe:

Seriously though, I am just not into pulling at county fairs anymore. I want to pull to pull, if I hear "well the crowd wants this" or "the crowd wants that" one more time, I am going to throw up in my mouth. What about the pullers? What about the guys driving 1000 miles a weekend? What about the guys that are bringing the show, to the show? $100 ain't going to cut it anymore, I'm looking at $4-$500 just in fuel, plus lodging, plus entry fee, to go to most of the pulls. When do we get a break?

-Tom