the 181-210 is no more

Hamilton Cams

ignorant
The 181-210 is now out of stock and will not be ground anymore. The 188-208 will be taking its place. Based on our research, it will provide more bottoom end HP and torque and will hold out longer than the 181-210 did and do all of that while being more efficient.

We have a little more testing before it is released, you will be much happier with the 188-208 than the 181-210. We are getting smarter and we constantly update our grinds to reflect our research. I hope that in a year or so that the 188-208 will be scrapped as our research progresses.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 181-210 is now out of stock and will not be ground anymore. The 188-208 will be taking its place. Based on our research, it will provide more bottoom end HP and torque and will hold out longer than the 181-210 did and do al lof that while being more efficient.

We have a little more testing before it is released, you will be much happier with the 188-208 than the 181-210. We getter smarter and we constantly update our grinds to reflect our research. I hope that in a year or so that the 188-208 will be scrapped as our research progresses.

Thank you.

Will the 188-210's have a lobe for the fuel pump?

What cam would you suggest for a 6.7? Its just a puller and drag

The 181-210 is a good cam. We were just looking for a little bit better spool and efficiency. The 181-210 will make roughly the same power as the 188-208 but it will spool slightly quicker and will not stay on as high in the rpm range due to the shorter durationb exhaust. The 208 exhaust is open 28 degrees less than the 210 exhaust due to the very aggressive ramps. This will allow the pressure to act on the piston longer than the 181-210. You will see better efficiency, slightly quicker spool and power should fall more above 3500 rpm than the 181-210.

We have had a lot of requests for fuel economy/towing specific cams and this move reflects us trying to give you what you want. The 181-210 was trying to do both and giving up a little bit of economy and power. For towing, economy and smaller builds, the 188-208 is the cam. For bigger builds, the fastest spool, and maximum power up to approximately 4200 rpm, the 188-220 is the cam for you.

ericjk4202- we do not have a 188-210, just a 188-208 or the 188-220, but they will both have the fuel pump lobe.

67smoker, the 188-220 is a great cam for what you are doing.

Ahall, we have absolutely no cams to trade unless you want a very large grind. We should have 188-220's back in one to three weeks. Most people that trade in cams, don't pack them well and they end up breaking, and then I feel like a prick for making them buy another cam so I give them a free one. I have lost almost $4,000 in cams in 2011 to that. If you pack it well and it arrives in one piece, I will allow you to upgrade for the difference......please pack it well.

Will the new cams have a fuel pump lobe with added lift?

Or is that still in the works for another cam?

Ahall, we have absolutely no cams to trade unless you want a very large grind. We should have 188-220's back in one to three weeks. Most people that trade in cams, don't pack them well and they end up breaking, and then I feel like a prick for making them buy another cam so I give them a free one. I have lost almost $4,000 in cams in 2011 to that. If you pack it well and it arrives in one piece, I will allow you to upgrade for the difference......please pack it well.

Hmmm might be interested in the fine offer. I still have the multiple tube setup from my 200/220.

Why don't people pay the few bucks for insurance on the cam when they ship it??? Problem solved. When customers want to exchange/return glass wall clocks we always tell them we highly suggest putting insurance on the package because we won't eat it when ups destroys it.

always moving forward... let me know when the 188/210 or its upgrade is around.... only thing im waiting on for the drag motor now.

Is it still a Drop in cam? I know the heads been decked on mine and i have a .010 over headgasket. Still trying to justify getting a cam some day

Was almost done saving my shinny pennies for the 181-210, push rods, and springs. Guess I'll wait for the 188-208, seems like its more for what I am looking for in a cam. The question I have is the pistons going to have to get fly cut?

bowz